PDA

View Full Version : 01 f250 starting problem

Evan528
03-31-2009, 11:18 PM
I was wondering if anyone could help me troubleshoot my problem. When I went to start this truck yesterday I turned the key...... the radio and heat came on fine (tells me battery is fine) but the truck dosnt even turn as if the battery was dead. For about 30 seconds after turning the key I here a ticking noise that sounds like the turn signal coming from below the fuse box. The remote start will start the truck without any problem. The key will not shut the truck off as well.... I need to use the remote to turn the truck off. Does this sound like an electrical problem with the wiring for the remote start or possibly something with the ignition?
Any help would be appreciated.

4.3mudder
04-01-2009, 12:03 AM
Maybe a fuse blown.

vanderbilt
04-01-2009, 12:37 PM
My 2000 f150 would'nt crank either one day. Like to drove me crazy trying to track it down. Tried another key and has worked fine since. The key has a computer chip in it and apparently it went bad. Could be your problem.

Brett's Cutting Edge
04-01-2009, 12:59 PM
I had this problem when I was at the gas station with all my equipment drove me crazy. I tapped on the stater, check fuses and everything else i could think of. For some reason i put it in neutral and it started right up. What it ended up being the shifter cable was a little loose and was just at a point where it sensed it and would not start. After adjusting it i never had a problem again.

TXNSLighting
04-02-2009, 12:12 AM
My 2000 f150 would'nt crank either one day. Like to drove me crazy trying to track it down. Tried another key and has worked fine since. The key has a computer chip in it and apparently it went bad. Could be your problem.

Super dutys didnt get the chip til later on.