PDA

View Full Version : bed maintenance

grassmaster06
04-01-2009, 10:48 AM
does anyone have any suggestions on how to bid the bed maintenance on a 290x25and a 600x14 there is mulch, about 275 ft small yews, also every thing looks good now but once the spring weeds start coming this could a lot of work .i know my pricing ,just need some help on how to charge them :hammerhead:

jsw2008
04-01-2009, 01:08 PM
I have an account similar to this. I told them that bed maintenance would always be an hourly job, because you never know what it will turn into during the year. So the customer gave me a maximum number of hours per week that they are willing to pay for and I work up to that amount of time and get done with what I can. So far this arrangement has worked fine.

fl-landscapes
04-01-2009, 01:59 PM
does anyone have any suggestions on how to bid the bed maintenance on a 290x25and a 600x14 there is mulch, about 275 ft small yews, also every thing looks good now but once the spring weeds start coming this could a lot of work .i know my pricing ,just need some help on how to charge them :hammerhead:

Get a pre-m down like snapshot. This will make the job much more managable. Then get a ball park time for how long it will take to maintain x your hourly man rate x monthly bingo monthly payment is x

grassmaster06
04-01-2009, 03:26 PM
i like the idea of getting a agreed amount of man hours and work off that and also the pre m will also be a must.i never used snap shot before ,i usually use a combo of round up and surflane ,but im always open to betterb ways.