PDA

View Full Version : trailer transformation

sterlingmanager
04-01-2009, 05:34 PM
old junk to a dedicated way to transport our new z-spray, dry product, and, a nurse tank.

sslopok
04-01-2009, 08:01 PM
The trailer looks awesome man!! Hopefully it won't be too much of a bear to keep clean:)
Now that it is so pretty don't forget to wash/dress the tires.
Good job!
sslopok

jblawns123
04-01-2009, 09:59 PM
wow, what a difference, nice

Jason Rose
04-02-2009, 12:02 AM
Very nice! I like the dual ramps, you won't ever have to worry about what side of the road to park on! How much bagged material do you plan on loading on at once? Is it to go in the back? I just wonder if the tank (when it's empty) and the machine would be enough to counter the weight of bagged fert if it's clear in the back of the trailer, will it still have sufficient tounge weight?

hondarancher4435
04-12-2009, 01:16 AM
looks good but it wasnt that bad to start with. i am restoring a boat trailer and converting it into a utility trailer and i have to fab up new axles and everything for it.

KrayzKajun
04-12-2009, 01:18 AM
very nice! always wondered wht a white trailer would look like!

IdealLawnCare
04-12-2009, 09:53 PM
very nice! always wondered wht a white trailer would look like!

It would look white silly.:hammerhead:

sterlingmanager
04-13-2009, 09:41 AM
Thanks for the nice comments. We have loaded the tank (150 gallons ) the Z and no problem towing with a 1/2 ton small v8, and, we figure we can load up to 2000 lbs of dry product on the rear of the trailer behind the tank. We chose that trailer because of the dual axles. Here is a pic of our first mock up.

Lakewlc
04-13-2009, 10:23 PM
wow.. great transformation

sterlingmanager
04-14-2009, 10:53 AM
Another picture of some fab work for our ground spreader.

JosephLawnCare
04-14-2009, 03:49 PM
That's good work. Looks nice. You should water down your shop floor next time you paint.

Laner
08-30-2009, 09:59 AM
Now that you have had sometime to use this trailer setup, how do you like it? I have been thinking of doing something very similar to this. I currently have a spacesaver tank in the back of the truck and use a 6.5x10 trailer to haul the PG and fert (hand load the bags on the trailer). I was also concerned about proper weighting of the trailer with vairous load configurations.
Does anyone else run this type of trailer setup? Think this would make it much easier to have everything I need on one trailer for spray and fert (flags, chem, wash water, fert, etc) instead of having to load/unload the truck each time for applications.

sterlingmanager
08-31-2009, 07:40 PM
This trailer is awesome! No issues with loading, towing. Liquid tank is centered slightly forward over the dual axles, rear weight is off-set by that and the weight of the z-spray. It has left our yard on countless days loaded with liquid and dry products. I will post a few pics of this in the field.

Laner
08-31-2009, 11:16 PM
Sterling -pics would be great! How did you determine exactly where to place the tank in order to get the balance/tongue wieght correct? Do you just load a pallet of fert on the back or hand load the bags of fert on the back of the trailer? Do you use both ramps? I was trying to decide what side is best to lower the ramp on the curb or street? I could see it being nice to unload on the curb (less incline on ramp), but also could be in the way of the job site. I wouldn't want to unload on someone elses property so I can see the how you could use both ramps.

4.3mudder
09-01-2009, 12:47 AM
Looks good to me, now all it needs is some Armorall on the tires and it will shine like new!

sterlingmanager
09-01-2009, 10:12 AM
Fertilizer is hand loaded as seen in first pic. We can usually get around 30 bags behind the tank and around 10 between the tank and the z machine. Second pic is at a HOA we picked up early summer. That day the trailer was a staging area for granular fert, round-up for our atv to spray undeveloped pad sites and my backpack sprayer.