PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Book advertising

Looking Good Lawn Service
04-01-2009, 10:36 PM
I was approached with the opportunity to advertise in the "yellow book" yellow pages and online at yellow book.com, what has been your experience with this method of getting leads and putting your name out there? Is it worth it? Thanks

DuallyVette
04-01-2009, 10:40 PM
We get the AT&T Yellow Pages, and "Yellow Book". AT&T charges me $249 a month for my little ad. YellowBook wanted about $60 a month for the same ad. I always toss the YellowBook when it arrives (its less complete) I'll probably drop my AT&T ad this year . Do a search.

TimsLawnCareVA
04-01-2009, 11:03 PM
Total waste of money. Worst advertising I have tried. I don't think anyone even looks in it.

justanotherlawnguy
04-02-2009, 12:09 AM
I have advertised in the past with yellow book and verizon, up until last year I got a ton of biz from them. I did not renew last year cause the calls dried up. It used to be great though...

lawns Etc
04-02-2009, 01:25 AM
I did 1 year in Yellowbook and got less than 10 calls and those callers called everyone in the book just shopping price.. I use with great results the free local papers,any local press ads in the dial a pro or handyman section in these papers. They have served me very well . Craigslist has some good customers too you just have to weed through them

Looking Good Lawn Service
04-02-2009, 12:46 PM
thanks gentleman, I was given a price of $67 a month for a small 1 inch by 2 inch ad in the yellow book and a online searchable profile with a link to my website if I wanted. Its $804 a year, dunno if its worth it. They show great stats for the big companies that people already know, but what about a smaller company that does not have 150 employees,lol

DuallyVette
04-02-2009, 10:44 PM
My ad is 1.75 inches wide & 1 inch tall. It costs me $240 a month. It cost $25 a month in 1978, and I'm tired of paying for it. I get calls from areas that I don't service, calls from people that want some free information, and tire kickers. Getting one good contract a year would pay for the ad. I get some extra leaf vac, bush hog, & aeration jobs. This usually disrupts my schedule, and I'd rather have a day off.

Back in the olden days, the AT&T Yellow Pages, WAS used as a reference to ALL local businesses. If you had a business line...you got one line, small print, in the yellow pages.
The US has 40 million people over 50. We still think the Yellow Pages is a reference...its not. Neither is the white pages. I got left out of the white pages when I moved my business # to a cell phone.