PDA

View Full Version : Leaf removal

smikes
04-02-2009, 08:43 AM
What do you think is the best for leaf removal? For places that build up alot of leaves in the fall and have a place to dump on property, I am interested in a vacuum /mulching type that way the pile is smaller and less problems with piles getting blown around. Some of the places I would use it have lawns that extend into the woods so I would have to manuver easily.

Any thoughts and suggestions greatly appreciated!

LewisLawn
04-02-2009, 09:44 AM
i have a HPV by Little Giant 6hp motor it has an atachment that you can buy to get into flower beds etc..ran about 800 with commercial discount where i buy my products...they also have a self propelled one which is a bit more expensive...not sure if i would recommend that b/c where i work if it is wet i think the traction would suck and tear the yard up....

it works well with almost all types of debris....does not work well if leaves are soaking wet...

curbking
04-02-2009, 04:47 PM
that's a good option. you probably don't need the self propelled version (although it's a great help in the right climate.)

DRBLawnBuster
04-02-2009, 05:01 PM
I like the blower idea, the self propelled would be nice casue it sucks pulling a walkbehind blower if its hilly, but i dont think it would be to effiecent.

yardatwork
04-02-2009, 06:07 PM
I do my leaf customers in 3-4 rounds...or...a cleanup once a week for 3-4 weeks. It's easy to keep up with the leaves and it gives me steady work throughout the end of October/beginning of November.

Mahoney3223
04-04-2009, 12:16 AM
buy a walker