PDA

View Full Version : Little help for the next few years

DitchDr
04-02-2009, 04:04 PM
Ok so I have a small lawn care business. Pretty much a mow edge trim and blow deal. I started it early this year and it has really taken off, so I got to thinking i would like to add more, and make it a true landscape company. I want to start doing hardscapes as well as lighting and maybe some water features in the future. Now I don't have time to go work for a different company to go learn the how to's all be it that would a great way to learn. So I was woundering if there were industry pointers, classes, events and so on I can attend that will give me a rough idea? I would most likely sub out the hardscape work for the first year with the sub letting me be in there helping with the work, so I can get some hands on time with it..

Any help I can get here would be great.

Thanks,
Matt

AllHardscaping
04-04-2009, 06:19 PM
Training programs through ICPI, NCMA school for advanced segmental paving(paverschool.com) also check with your local suppliers for classes and seminars and check with manufacturers of pavers, lights etc... These will be a good sales tool for them but youll learn some stuff along the ay and make some good contacts. Good luck

JDavisLandscapes
04-04-2009, 06:21 PM
Training programs through ICPI, NCMA school for advanced segmental paving(paverschool.com) also check with your local suppliers for classes and seminars and check with manufacturers of pavers, lights etc... These will be a good sales tool for them but youll learn some stuff along the ay and make some good contacts. Good luck

Yes, he hit the nail on the head. Those are some great ways to get your feet wet.