PDA

View Full Version : Advertisement Flyer Fiasco, What to do?

IrishHank
03-21-2002, 09:12 PM
I recently ordered a couple thousand door knob type hangers to drum up some spring business. I began passing them out today and I came across a dilema. My thoughts are as follws:

I am passing them out to nice middle class residential neighborhoods, most of which have garages. Do I hang them on the garage door handle in plain site or do I leave them on the door knob?

If I leave them on the garage door handle I am guaranteed the potential customers is going to see them, because they are going to have to get out of their car to get it before they put the garage door up to pull into the garage.

On second thought they may only remember the fact that it(the flyer) was in the way when they got home, and not even notice the services I am advertising!

So, the question is front door or Garage door?

Any input would be considered, and thank you in advance.

heygrassman
03-21-2002, 09:16 PM
Front door cause if it is me, I am going to remember you are the guy that made me get out of my Lexus or Beemer to remove the hanger off the garage door when I could have drove in after I used my garage door opener. Now I am cold or wet and not happy.

I recommend the door.. Garage door openers are standard up here on most new homes built.

jf

Lawn-Scapes
03-21-2002, 09:20 PM
That's not a fiasco? dilemma.. maybe

Front door

ceaman
03-22-2002, 07:44 AM
I had the same question....

I just ordered my doorhangers and I plan on putting a magnet on the biz card portion. I wondered if I could stick these on the outside of the mailbox? Would it still cause trouble with the postmaster?

1grnlwn
03-22-2002, 09:01 AM
I just ordered my doorhangers and I plan on putting a magnet on the biz card portion. I wondered if I could stick these on the outside of the mailbox? Would it still cause trouble with the postmaster?

If he want's to get pissy, Yes. You are not allowed to put anything in or on a mailbox at all.

Stonehenge
03-22-2002, 01:12 PM
I think I'm missing something...

If the garage door has a handle on it, then it likely is not a motor-driven, remote controlled door. So they have to get out of the car anyway to open it.

rodfather
03-22-2002, 03:04 PM
I say the front door would be more appropriate. Usually, that's where companies like UPS or other carriers leave notices as well.

Nebraska
03-22-2002, 06:27 PM
My own doesn't have a handle but the older homes 20+ do have handles and garage door openers. Look for the carriage bolts up top and you'll know for sure if they are getting out to open it manually.

wayne volz
03-22-2002, 10:06 PM
I must agree with the pac. If you are walking to the house, go to the front door. This will also be potentially safer for you.

Something else to remember. You didn't mention how much new business you were trying to generate. Flyers normally generate about a 1% return on the number passed out.

Good luck!

Wayne

LoneStarLawn
03-22-2002, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Stonehenge
I think I'm missing something...

If the garage door has a handle on it, then it likely is not a motor-driven, remote controlled door. So they have to get out of the car anyway to open it.

90% of garage doors here have a handle on it <b>and</b> automatic door openers.

New homes are getting them without but that is only about 50% of new homes.

Door hanger is best present IMHO on the front door. We doo put them on both depending on the neighborhood.

ceaman
03-22-2002, 10:46 PM
I hope I can get 1% (If I get 10% Ill be in some deep SH..oes)

Nebraska
03-23-2002, 12:29 AM
We're spliting hairs in regard to % of garages with openers now. There are other methods that will yeild a higher response that you may wish to look at.