PDA

View Full Version : Sheffield loan response

Weekly Weeder
04-02-2009, 10:03 PM
How long before you get a response from Sheffield?
I applied for a lone online 16 days ago and so far, nothing.
I figure I have been declined but thought I would have
received some kind of notification by now. :confused:

Elite Outdoor
04-02-2009, 10:06 PM
Three years ago I got a loan from them, I did it at the dealer and I knew the next day.

willretire@40
04-02-2009, 10:12 PM
proably declined. GE Money is easier to get (ex toro card, hustler card) Also remember that what ever card the dealer offers you can use it on any brand.

KrayzKajun
04-02-2009, 10:13 PM
did you try to call them??

Weekly Weeder
04-02-2009, 10:37 PM
did you try to call them??

No I haven't called them.
I know I should,but I don't handle rejection well.
I paid off my first loan with Sheffield 2 years ago without a hiccup and have since paid off a lone with GE Money a full year early. (I have a GE Money card). I guess I was asking for to much. (Ventrac)

CALandscapes
04-02-2009, 10:43 PM
Finance companies aren't handing out money as easily as they were two years ago... I'd suggest that you call them and check the status of your application.

Good luck!!

LouisianaLawnboy
04-02-2009, 10:58 PM
Try YardCard.

Jason Rose
04-02-2009, 11:06 PM
Sheffield usually will approve/deny within 30 minutes. This day and age all it takes is a few clicks of the mouse for the dealer to find out, or usually even faster, pick up the phone. Any credit reporting they would need can be done nearly instantly, they can do an inquiry and see what your score is to determine if you are a bad risk or not.

If you heard nothing I'm guessing your request fell thru the cracks somewhere. ask again, get the dealer on the horn, they should tell you yay or nay while you are standing there.

ChrisGA
04-03-2009, 01:59 AM
When I bought my mower 3/26/09 I got a response in 20 minutes from Sheffield. I wanted to go thru yard card they had lower apr's but the dealer told me they are tight on who they loan money to and sometimes it takes days to hear anything.

So I went with sheffield but dang near perfect credit like I have I still have a 17% Apr !! I was real shocked on this one. But I have a low 3.2% apr credit card im gonna put it on when I pay on it for a year or so. But hopefully I can get the mower payed off by 2 years .

PROCUT1
04-03-2009, 02:21 AM
I used them a few times in the past. Response was always a few minutes.

Stillwater
04-03-2009, 02:43 AM
proably declined. GE Money is easier to get (ex toro card, hustler card) Also remember that what ever card the dealer offers you can use it on any brand.

My GE Money Bank Exmark card can only be used for exmark,, nothing else It would be like trying to use a Home depot credit card at sears

I should add I never tried mabey I am wrong

corey4671
04-03-2009, 02:46 AM
I've got a couple of loans with Sheffield. I've always had a response within the hour on them. Give them a call. I've got one loan at 1.9% and the other I think is at 3.9%

daveyo
04-03-2009, 06:26 AM
Ive had two loans and knew right after my dealer hung the phone up, if anything I'm haggling the rate, term or options. They don't haggle well so I always took the no interest for one year and paid it off before the term was up. But you should definitely of had an answer call the dealer.

Cutter1
04-03-2009, 08:32 AM
I have had 10+ loans through sheffield.....I just got another laser, they tried to give me it at 17%. I flipped out!!! They ended up giving me something different. 6 months same as cash, then 12% after that. Still too high, but have to deal with it.

ED'S LAWNCARE
04-03-2009, 12:02 PM
What I don't understand, outside of new set up or using 0% interest why would you go for a loan period. I read all over this board that you have to have your equiptment cost factored in you pricing. Why isn't that money put up on a monthly basis? I know I put aside in a couple of years the whole 15g that it took for me to start in this field.

If all is saying build the replacement cost in the cust price then spend that money on other thing then that's bad business:hammerhead:

Just my .02

Cutter1
04-03-2009, 12:24 PM
6 month same as cash, at the end I pay it off. Put away 6 payments every month. DOes this meet your standard?? If I can't pay it off, the difference gets transferred to a 0% card or my line of credit.

ED'S LAWNCARE
04-03-2009, 03:00 PM
6 month same as cash, at the end I pay it off. Put away 6 payments every month. DOes this meet your standard?? If I can't pay it off, the difference gets transferred to a 0% card or my line of credit.

If this was directed to me. I don't have a standard I was simply stating that there are a ton of lco on here stating that you have to have the replacement cost built into the customers price, which I agree with. To charge for it and not put it away only to borrow money for the puchase doesn't make any sense.

Stillwater
04-03-2009, 04:53 PM
this thred is stupid, pick up the phone..........

Ruben Rocha
04-03-2009, 04:54 PM
What I don't understand, outside of new set up or using 0% interest why would you go for a loan period. I read all over this board that you have to have your equiptment cost factored in you pricing. Why isn't that money put up on a monthly basis? I know I put aside in a couple of years the whole 15g that it took for me to start in this field.

If all is saying build the replacement cost in the cust price then spend that money on other thing then that's bad business:hammerhead:

Just my .02
Yes we should build in a replacement cost in our overhead. But if you are trying to expand sometimes you don't have the capital to invest.
Or sometimes you are better off using your cash for something else cash wise.
For me I always figure on I will have at least one loan payment per month for equipment.
And my reserve money I try to stash in a cd or something that has a return but I can cash out quickly if needed.
You never know when that 25hp engine will blow and you need to replace the engine or buy a new mower.

gene gls
04-03-2009, 11:02 PM
My GE Money Bank Exmark card can only be used for exmark,, nothing else It would be like trying to use a Home depot credit card at sears

I should add I never tried mabey I am wrong

Your G E Mony card is only good at the dealer that issued it to you and its good for all purchases.

Weekly Weeder
04-04-2009, 11:09 AM
I called Sheffield and they said that my SS# didn't come through on the form. I was denied but the whole thing was addressed in short order after receiving the proper information.

Ramairfreak98ss
04-05-2009, 12:05 PM
my g/f gets big GE money loans for variouis things, i get denied personally ... credit scores are similar

i was also denied for my own Shoppers charge account commercially for ferris, gravely, simplicity.. .but they gave one to my mother years back with worse credit :/

sheffied, doesnt offer any good plans usually and i applied once a year ago for a trailer, denied for $4k for a 8k trailer :( Got a 50k+ JD tractor a month later..

badgerfan
04-11-2009, 01:54 PM
I just used sheffield to purchase my 52" Ferris DD a couple of weeks ago. I had the choice of 6 months same as cash and then 12% or 3.9% fixed rate. I went with the 3.9% fixed rate because I do not plan to pay it off for 24 months or so. I also applied for a Yard card the same day and was approved for only $3,000 on that one. The yard card has same as cash on the financing for 12 months. I just used it the other day to buy my JRCO 46" dethatcher, spreader, and some spare blades and stuff for the season. I guess now its time to get to work so I can pay this crap off ASAP!

RoyalTree
04-11-2009, 07:33 PM
your ge money card is good at anyplace that accepts it, call the card if you have any questions about who takes it in your area. You will be surprised at how many places takes it. Years ago I bought my motorcycle for 12k with it.