PDA

View Full Version : Can you paint a aluminum enclosed trailer?

lawnpro2210
04-03-2009, 12:18 AM
So my 1997 red ford f150 passed away this winter and am in need of a new truck.So i have found a 2001 dodge dakota that a buddy of mine has for sale and looks to be a good truck.Only thing is it is yellow and my enclosed trailer is red and dont think the two will go to geather that well.I dont mind taking the extra time and small amount of money to paint it black to some what match the truck.(Im a freak about how people view my bussines :dizzy:) But my only concern is that i dont want to paint it black only to have the paint start coming off later showing the trailers original color(Red).Therefore i am curious to know if anyone has painted there aluminum trailer and how it has turned out, and if this is a good idea or not?
Thanks a ton Mike

sweetz
04-03-2009, 12:22 AM
Why not paint the truck red?

rflawnman
04-03-2009, 12:24 AM
painting aluminum is no different then painting steel or any metal so yes you can paint it.

Metro Lawn
04-03-2009, 03:43 PM
You could put a yellow stripe down the side of the trailer as I did with mine to kinda pull them together. For me that combo would be fine since my colors are red and yellow...lol

igotdiesel2
04-03-2009, 05:31 PM
I painted my enclosed trailer about 6 years ago. It still looks good. I used auto paint from Napa. The trailer was faded out red and I painted it silver/gray to match my truck. -Jason

tonyrachealmuroso
04-03-2009, 10:47 PM
Hi there
I had painted few aluminium material, porcelein (china). Prepared surface proper manner, dust off and wiped with thinner (as for car paint). In between coat sanded down with wet n dry sand paper 240 grid. Apply " Etch primer " (be sure wear mask) and spray on. Diluted with thinner as need it.

Cheers
Tony Muroso
Auckland, New Zealand

So my 1997 red ford f150 passed away this winter and am in need of a new truck.So i have found a 2001 dodge dakota that a buddy of mine has for sale and looks to be a good truck.Only thing is it is yellow and my enclosed trailer is red and dont think the two will go to geather that well.I dont mind taking the extra time and small amount of money to paint it black to some what match the truck.(Im a freak about how people view my bussines :dizzy:) But my only concern is that i dont want to paint it black only to have the paint start coming off later showing the trailers original color(Red).Therefore i am curious to know if anyone has painted there aluminum trailer and how it has turned out, and if this is a good idea or not?
Thanks a ton Mike

lawnpro2210
04-08-2009, 02:18 PM
hey thanks alot for the input. igotdiesel2 your trailer and rig look great really like it.Thanks Mike