PDA

View Full Version : No Recession Here!

jeepwrite
04-03-2009, 12:44 AM
This is our first year going full-time, and we're getting a lot of calls (making us very happy). Lot's of big jobs, too, not just little cleanups.

Even though we may be in a "recession," people love their lawns and they are willing to pay for the maintenance.

If you can do it now, you can do it anytime.

Good luck to everyone!

stroker51
04-03-2009, 01:06 AM
I'm being cautiously optimistic, but so far this has been my take this year. I've been doing this since 2003, full time since 06 and this has been my biggest sales year by far, not only on maintenance but landscaping jobs as well. I'm having to travel a little further for the landscaping than normal, but there is still work going. I have been pushing for more commerical work too in the last few years, so I'm kind of out of touch with the residential market somewhat, but I'm still getting calls for anything from mowing to lawn treatments to sod and retaining walls. So far so good, best of luck to everyone else!!

J & D Greens
04-05-2009, 12:44 AM
I think this is a good time to go for it. ( I just wish I was ready too.) Mainly since times are so tough. They are also tough on us landscapers. I think many are either thriving because they have managed their business right or they are going under. I think the growth is due to people trying to find the best bang for their buck, some are just either without the guy that just quit the business and are scrambling to replace him or they are very dissatisfied with their current gardener. So I believe it is truly one of the best times to go for it. If you are ready to commit to long hours of hard work and keep control on what is spent. Good luck to all of you guys and your families!!!!!

Brian James
04-05-2009, 07:27 AM
Congrats!!! Still waiting for the weather to break here....still may snow today...YUCK! Anyway me and my laborer are optomistic and like I've told him already this year, "...billions of blades of grass out there need to be mowed. Somebody's got to do it, might as well be us. Some folks will pay no matter what the 'economy' is doing." Break A Leg and keep up the good work!

scagmower
04-05-2009, 07:03 PM
congrats! yeah same here, gained 15 more lawn accounts now up to a little over 80. Also doing alot of bigger landscaping projects which is good money!! good luck the rest of the yr