PDA

View Full Version : Harvard Certificat of Landscape design

GreenmanCT
04-03-2009, 12:23 PM
Hey guys, so ive been looking into more educational programs related to landscaping. I noticed Harvard has a program that seems very interesting. Its a certificate program so my previous college grades would play a factor in me getting into, well pretty much anyone can get into it. Has anyone here done this program or something similar. Im just looking for some feedback on how beneficial these programs are, and how much you take away from it. I also think having a Harvard certification would be a gateway into landing alot of upper-class jobs. Just looking for some feed back on what you guys think about it

http://arboretum.harvard.edu/programs/ld/certificate.html

cudaclan
04-03-2009, 05:35 PM
A four year year course (part-time) and only a certificate?

openbook
04-03-2009, 05:44 PM
Looks like you could get a good job as a landscape designer with the design certificate. I don't think your past college credits would come into play with this since your not required to take any general education classes.

openbook
04-03-2009, 05:49 PM
I was actually considering taking classes for an aboriculture certificate. Thinking I could do it part time and work full time. But it wasn't even possible because some of the classes were in the day time, some were at night. The beginning classes only start in the summer when I need to be putting in some serious hours.

GreenmanCT
04-03-2009, 07:57 PM
A four year year course (part-time) and only a certificate?

I was thinking since the Harvard name is attached to it, its just as good as a degree.