PDA

View Full Version : Unique Time Line

JoeyD
04-03-2009, 12:57 PM
This is cool.......We are doing a timeline of accomplishments. We have had one worked up for a while which is below. we are adding more to it. We have lots of cool stuff to add!

1990 – Nate Mullen invents the first Multi-Matic Power Transformer with secondary taps to 22v.

1995 – Unique Lighting becomes Incorporated, same year Unique invents the 1st Multi-Matic Life Time Warranted Direct Burial Transformer.

1997 – Unique Lighting offers Training Courses in Landscape Lighting called Unqiue Universities to Contractors!

1999 – Unique Lighting introduces the 1st Secondary Lug Milti-Matic Power Transformer. This same year Unique also created and introduces a software program called the Wiring Wizard to help lighting professionals calculate voltage which is the 1st of its kind!

2000 – Unique Lighting invents the Equalizer Hub Method Of Wiring, thus changing the way low voltage wiring is done. Unique also becomes the 1st manufacturer to offer extended wire leads on fixtures. Unique introduces the Odyssey Line of Solid Brass Fixtures with a Life Time Warranty.

2001 – Unique Lighting receives a patent for the Stainless Steel Gimbal Ring in the F225/Apollo well lights. Unique also begins including designer lenses and glare control devises with fixtures.

2002 – Unique Lighting invents the Orbital Mount and Stratosphere Mounting Bracket.
Unqiue receives patents on multiple brass fixture products including Pulsar, Stellar, and Starburst.

2003 – Unique Lighting offers Advanced Unique Universities to Contractors teaching advanced installation practices, the first class of its kind!

2005 – Unique Lighting invents the I-Force inverted Transformer. Once again turning the industry right side up.

NiteTymeIlluminations
04-03-2009, 02:30 PM
got some time on your hands huh?

worx
04-03-2009, 03:15 PM
Looks as though Unique has been busy over the last 2 decades. Keep on innovating!!!!

dwightschrute
04-03-2009, 03:23 PM
I'm surprised they didn't list the wheel, fire, and sliced bread as theirs. Leave the grandstanding to your own page.

JoeyD
04-03-2009, 04:15 PM
got some time on your hands huh?

We have had some of this done for a while......We are doing a really cool time line to put in our new 09 catalog. Just thought it would be cool to share......

Looks as though Unique has been busy over the last 2 decades. Keep on innovating!!!!

You know it!! Lots more to come too!!!

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
04-03-2009, 05:16 PM
Joey, please don't forget to include the time and date that Nate Mullen first met me. :)

If you need a reminder, I am sure I can look it up in my calendar. LOL

The Lighting Geek
04-03-2009, 08:17 PM
1998- Tommy meets this crazy dude with groups of lights set all over different tables in a restaurant with volt meters connected to them. Showing the differences between daisy chain, t, and loop method. He starts in about a demo kit with well lights. Tommy decides not to give up on lighting. LOL

TXNSLighting
04-03-2009, 11:44 PM
That is to cool! Keep it going!

JoeyD
04-06-2009, 01:11 PM
1990 – Nate Mullen invents the first Multi-Matic Power Transformer with secondary taps to 22v.

1995 – Unique Lighting becomes Incorporated, same year Unique invents the 1st Multi-Matic Life Time Warranted Direct Burial Transformer.

1997 – Unique Lighting offers training courses in Landscape Lighting called Unique Universities to Contractors!

1999 – Unique Lighting introduces the 1st Secondary Lug Milti-Matic Power Transformer.

1999 - Unique Lighting creates and introduces a software program called the Wiring Wizard to help lighting professionals calculate voltage which is the 1st of its kind!

2000 – Unique Lighting invents the Equalizer Hub Method Of Wiring, thus changing the way low voltage wiring is done.

2000 - Unique Lighting becomes the 1st manufacturer to offer extended wire leads on fixtures.

2001 - Unique Lighting introduces the Odyssey Line of Solid Brass Fixtures with a Life Time Warranty.

2001 – Unique Lighting receives a patent for the Stainless Steel Gimbal Ring in the F225/Apollo well lights. Unique also begins including designer lenses and glare control devises with fixtures.

2002 – Unique Lighting invents the Orbital Mount and Stratosphere Mounting Bracket.

2002 - Unique receives patents on multiple brass fixture products including Pulsar, Stellar, and Starburst.

2003 – Unique Lighting offers Advanced Unique Universities to Contractors teaching advanced installation practices, the first class of its kind!

2004 - Unique Lighting launches the Copper Knights line of copper fixtures

2004 - Unique Lighting invents the Satellite Hub equipped with In Line Secondary Fusing! The First of its KIND!

2005 - Unique Lighting Launches the Signature Series line of fixtures

2005 – Unique Lighting invents the I-Force inverted Transformer. Once again turning the industry right side up.

2005 - Unique Lighting invents the Sequencer on/off device for transformers

2006 - Unique Lighting invents the Augusta in-ground putting green light

2006 - Unique Lighting Invents the Hubble BBQ Mount for counter top fixtures

2008 - Unique Lighting launches the Intelli - System 24v volt wiring system. The first for Landscape Lighting

2009 - Unique Lighting invents the NEW H-Force Transformer giving you up to 15 Common Terminals each having its own sizeable secondary spade fuse!

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
04-06-2009, 01:21 PM
Dude, c'mon now.... you didn't "invent" the sequencer, that was an idea borrowed from Nightscaping & their "Islander Module" a relay that was conceived of by Mike and Kevin Islander from Stewart Jackson Sprinklers & Lighting in Torrance California about 8-9 years ago now. It was then 'borrowed' by Vista before you guys 'launched' it.

Also, you didn't invent the Hubble BBQ mount at all! You might have adopted it for use in LV Landscape Lighting Systems, but that part is clearly borrowed from common marine components, specifically the mount used for the telescoping stern light on runabouts.

Also, I still don't see the landmark date that Nate Mullen first met me in person! LOL :)

Let's get some things straight and square on that list Joey!

JoeyD
04-06-2009, 02:17 PM
NEVER played with either Nightscaping or Vistas relay so...........

Youa re correct about the Hubble as it is a marine type device. We did however adapt and engineer it to work for landscape lighting...........

As for your meeting date with Nate, go ahead and add that to the list.........LOL.......I think his exact words were, Solecki isnt a di*k after all!!! LMAO

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
04-06-2009, 03:29 PM

1997 – Unique Lighting offers training courses in Landscape Lighting called Unique Universities to Contractors!

1999 – Unique Lighting introduces the 1st Secondary Lug Milti-Matic Power Transformer.

1999 - Unique Lighting creates and introduces a software program called the Wiring Wizard to help lighting professionals calculate voltage which is the 1st of its kind!

2000 – Unique Lighting invents the Equalizer Hub Method Of Wiring, thus changing the way low voltage wiring is done.

2000 - Unique Lighting becomes the 1st manufacturer to offer extended wire leads on fixtures.

2001 - Unique Lighting introduces the Odyssey Line of Solid Brass Fixtures with a Life Time Warranty.

2002 - Unique receives patents on multiple brass fixture products including Pulsar, Stellar, and Starburst.

2003 – Unique Lighting offers Advanced Unique Universities to Contractors teaching advanced installation practices, similar to what another manufacturer had been doing for some time.

2004 - Unique Lighting launches the Copper Knights line of copper fixtures

2004 - Unique Lighting invents the Satellite Hub equipped with In Line Secondary Fusing! The First of its KIND!

2005 - Unique Lighting Launches the Signature Series line of fixtures

2005 - Unique Lighting launches it's version of a control relay; the Sequencer on/off device for transformers

2006 - Unique Lighting invents the Augusta in-ground putting green light

2006 - Unique Lighting adopts the use of a marine socket & the Hubble BBQ Mount for counter top fixtures is born.

2008 - Nate Mullen & Unique Lighting have the opportunity to meet James Solecki in person for the first time. :canadaflag:

2008 - Unique Lighting launches the Intelli - System 24v volt wiring system. The first for Landscape Lighting

2009 - Unique Lighting invents the NEW H-Force Transformer giving you up to 15 Common Terminals each having its own sizeable secondary spade fuse!

{There you go Joey! now you have a timeline that is more accurate. Enjoy! :laugh:}

JoeyD
04-06-2009, 03:57 PM
LOL..Thanks James!!!

But as for the Advanced UU's, I dont think others had been teaching ADVANCED UU's explaining core drilling, job documentation techniques like Lamp replacemtn charts, and as buids as well as running and ligthing second story eaves etc......there may have been other universities but not liek the advanced courses we taught and continue to teach!!

Go Halogen
04-06-2009, 06:31 PM
This is great for all of us to see......

Anytime you can be your own biggest fan.....you have my applause.

Come on Joey. This whole thing is a bit cheesy.

-ANDY:clapping:

TXNSLighting
04-06-2009, 10:31 PM
NEVER played with either Nightscaping or Vistas relay so...........

Youa re correct about the Hubble as it is a marine type device. We did however adapt and engineer it to work for landscape lighting...........

As for your meeting date with Nate, go ahead and add that to the list.........LOL.......I think his exact words were, Solecki isnt a di*k after all!!! LMAO

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

JoeyD
04-07-2009, 11:13 AM
This is great for all of us to see......

Anytime you can be your own biggest fan.....you have my applause.

Come on Joey. This whole thing is a bit cheesy.

-ANDY:clapping:

My own biggest fan? :confused: Are you serious Andy? Since when should we be ashamed of our accomplishments? I thought it was a cool thing to share to show all that we have brought to the table for the industry. Especially when this list has been copied by so much of our competiton and claimed as their own. If you dont like the thread then close it and move on instead of trying to make me feel guilty or belittle me for being proud of where I work and who I work for. Nothing wrong or cheesy with having a little pride in your job.

dwightschrute
04-07-2009, 12:26 PM
My own biggest fan? :confused: . Especially when this list has been copied by so much of our competiton and claimed as their own. .

Copied? I'm sure Rockscapes and others would argue that Unique didn't design the Pulsar, Stellar, Starburst, etc. Those designs go way back.

Does Unique even make the Sequencer? I have heard that it is made by a wholesale distributor and they sell them to Unique

JoeyD
04-07-2009, 12:29 PM
There he is!!! LOL Hows life buddy?

Cant argue with Patents can you???

No, Goya no longer sources the Sequencer for us.........The All new Sequencer is all Unique!!!!

dwightschrute
04-07-2009, 12:42 PM
The point is you didn't invent the sequencer- you didn't even produce it when it came out.

As far as "design" patents go, Unique must not be to interested in enforcing them:

Pulsar-http://www.encorelandscapelighting.com/bl-28.html
Stellar-http://www.encorelandscapelighting.com/bl-30.html
Starburst-http://www.encorelandscapelighting.com/bl-31.html

or do they already know the outcome if they tried?

JoeyD
04-07-2009, 01:02 PM
we are very interested in enforcing all of our patents..........it is a process that takes time and we deal with it one by one, everyone in violation gets dealt with accordingly.

As for the Sequencer, we did have it produced for us so I dont get what your point is? we used another person to source and make the device. Was there someone else making, promoting, and selling the Sequencer before us? Didnt think so!

Eden Lights
04-07-2009, 04:02 PM
Has anyone mentioned that a sequencer for control would be like using a commodore 64 as a current desktop machine?

JoeyD
04-07-2009, 04:11 PM
Not even close.....If you have 2-3 transformers side by side whats wrong with linking a wire from one unit to another. As reliable as UPB has become nothing is more reliable then a hard wired connection.

Pro-Scapes
04-07-2009, 04:47 PM
sequencers do have thier time and place Eddie.

To start. Very reliable, Next... about half the price of a UPB modual. If you are building a dimmable or layered system like I know you do and we often do the sequencer will offer little.

We do use more Aubes and UPB than sequencers but again it does have its time and place especially when multiple transformers drive the same areas and syncronized on and off commands are needed.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
04-07-2009, 08:58 PM
The 12V Relay modules, be it an Islander Module, Sequencer or Vista xxxx... they do offer functionality to the designer. For years, before UPB, I used these on every installation. It is still a very good way to link zones together and to a single master timer or switch. On large lots they become lifesavers, as you daisy chain out a control wire from the last fixture in the zone to the next transformer and its relay module.

For a relatively low cost, you now have all the transformers in a zone synched.

My first installation of the Islander Module had me removing some 17 individual timers and linking all 17 transformers across a 12 acre property back to one Intermatic ET series Astro Timer. Gone were the monthly call backs to synch all those timers.