PDA

View Full Version : work very hard, be honest and reliable...

SprinklerGuy
03-22-2002, 09:00 AM
and you can have your dreams. we have always wanted to make our home in the mountains and now we are about to. Just in case any of you want to see them....pics are posted here. Sorry to make you jump to another site but it is easier than posting them all here.....pain.

Colorado, Woodland Park to be exact.....45 min west of colorado springs just off the north slope of Pike's Peak........beautiful eh?

http://community.webshots.com/user/sprinklerguy

HBFOXJr
03-22-2002, 09:08 AM
That'll be a long commute.

SprinklerGuy
03-22-2002, 09:10 AM
45 min flight.....6 times per day......going to 8.....145 round trip......for emergencies only

Chuck Sinclair
03-22-2002, 10:37 AM
Tony,

I don't see any green grass to irrigate :D

SprinklerGuy
03-22-2002, 11:35 AM
nope........the nice thing too is that I can only landscape roughly 1500 square feet the rest has to stay the same......cool!

bruces
03-22-2002, 12:14 PM
Looks like a wonderful location for a Lawnsite BBQ in November or December.

Congratulations, hope you enjoy.

Hard work does pay off.

SprinklerGuy
03-22-2002, 12:55 PM
we'll plan the barbecue around the snow....when the bunny hill has a base of 12" or so, then we will bbq.........we can all shoot down the hill on sleds or something....sounds fun...I'm in!

Scotlawncare
03-22-2002, 05:29 PM
Tony, All I can say is WOW. You are a very lucky man. I'm jealous. That house is amazing. Hard work has paid off very well for you.

Scot

LawnLad
03-22-2002, 06:46 PM
Scot - I know you don't mean it this way I'm sure - this is just a pet peeve of mine, so indulge me.

By saying Tony is "lucky" is to say that he didn't earn it (though you say next sentence that all the hard work paid off). Luck has nothing to do with it. Good fortune is something you make... often it's bad luck that finds you (e.g. truck accidents).

As well, to say you're jealous suggests that you couldn't do the same for yourself.

Perhaps it's just word choice... I know we're all happy for Tony. Sorry to bust your b@lls. Just seems like you're peeing on your own parade.

SprinklerGuy
03-22-2002, 07:28 PM
lawn lad.....

"i like the way you talk" (said in a growly voice.....a'la billy bob thornton in his famous role as the dummy with a knife!)

thanks for the kind words,,,,,you are right anyone can do this.

OBRYANMAINT
03-22-2002, 07:53 PM
beautiful house!!!!,and area

Scotlawncare
03-22-2002, 09:49 PM
Lawnlad, no big deal. It was a figure of speach on the lucky part.

Now on the jealous part, it would be very hard to do something like that for myself. Wife wouldn't move that far away from her mother. :)

One day I will own something kinda like that. But first gota take care of the youngens and the wife. And trust me the wife isn't letting me save much. (No hunny, the girls don't need all new clothes for the summer. the girls are too young to be out growing their 5x8 closets. there only 3 and 16 months.)

Scot

heygrassman
03-23-2002, 12:24 PM
Tony.. the scenary is breathtaking.. Congrats!!!

You looking to move there full time or is it a retreat??

jf

SprinklerGuy
03-23-2002, 02:58 PM
full time
if that was a retreat I would love to see my full time house! ha!
The scenery is supposed to be even better in spring...when is that? I don't know much about seasons.....we only have one here in arizona!