PDA

View Full Version : Cat 248 skid steer

Lawnworks
04-03-2009, 11:20 PM
I am selling my Cat 248 skid steer. It runs great. It will lift 2500 lbs, and I have lifted a wet pallet of sod off of a semi. It comes with two sets of tires and rims in fair condition 12x16.5 and 14x17. Also comes with a Cat smooth bucket. Everything works... self leveling, hydraulics, etc. Estimated 2500 hours. Well maintained and greased. Perfect skid steer for grading and landscaping. I used it mainly for moving pallets and harley raking. No leaks and no smoke. Pics to come. Only reason for selling is I found a Cat 262 that I couldn't resist.

landscapedesignpros
04-03-2009, 11:30 PM
how much? price would be nice

Lawnworks
04-04-2009, 06:53 AM
Sorry... $10,500

btammo
04-04-2009, 08:40 AM
where in the "usa" might this be located?

ToroLandscaper
04-04-2009, 07:31 PM
Is this the same cat you bought for $4,500 over a year ago lol?

Junior M
04-04-2009, 07:36 PM
.pictures?

Lawnworks
04-04-2009, 08:11 PM
Located in GA. Will get pictures for it.

Johnson LCO
04-06-2009, 12:18 AM
Perhaps you should be a bit more subtle when buying something then trying to sell it for more on the same site you bragged about what a good deal you got. No one will want to pay 6k more than you paid especially since you have owned it for only one year. Sorry to point this out but it is oly fair for prospective buyers to know.

02DURAMAX
04-06-2009, 01:07 AM
.pictures?

you planing to buy????

AintNoFun
04-06-2009, 06:39 AM
Is this the same cat you bought for $4,500 over a year ago lol?

haha i thought the name looked familiar...

Junior M
04-06-2009, 07:29 AM
you planing to buy????
A CAT? Please...

I just like looking at pictures of equipment and someone was goin to ask before long, so I figured I'd go ahead and get it out of the way.. :p :laugh:

Lawnworks
04-06-2009, 06:43 PM
you planing to buy????

Hell no he is not planning to buy... just another tire kicker.

Lawnworks
04-06-2009, 06:46 PM
Perhaps you should be a bit more subtle when buying something then trying to sell it for more on the same site you bragged about what a good deal you got. No one will want to pay 6k more than you paid especially since you have owned it for only one year. Sorry to point this out but it is oly fair for prospective buyers to know.

It doesn't matter. Selling anything on lawnsite is a lost cause. Too many damn part timers and tire kickers. But it is worth what it cost... nothing. I have a guy on the way to pick it up tomorrow. And it is a damn good machine. I have had for the last two years and it has done everything I have asked it.

Lawnworks
04-06-2009, 06:47 PM
A CAT? Please...

I just like looking at pictures of equipment and someone was goin to ask before long, so I figured I'd go ahead and get it out of the way.. :p :laugh:

Is the economy really that bad that you have nothing better to do than bug people? Stick to those junky bobcats... they are more your style.

Junior M
04-06-2009, 10:38 PM
Is the economy really that bad that you have nothing better to do than bug people? Stick to those junky bobcats... they are more your style.
yep sure are junk, they do everything I ask them to do, never had a break down, service is better than CAT, cheaper to. You like your CAT, I like my Bobcat, just the way it is, no reason arguing over it, thats why they make different brands.

And I wasnt bugging people, someone was goin to ask for pics before long anyways, whats the big deal!?

Lawnworks
04-06-2009, 10:58 PM
yep sure are junk, they do everything I ask them to do, never had a break down, service is better than CAT, cheaper to. You like your CAT, I like my Bobcat, just the way it is, no reason arguing over it, thats why they make different brands.

And I wasnt bugging people, someone was goin to ask for pics before long anyways, whats the big deal!?

You don't have a bobcat. How would you know what they are like? Do we really need to bring bobcatron into this?

Junior M
04-06-2009, 11:02 PM
You don't have a bobcat. How would you know what they are like? Do we really need to bring bobcatron into this?
No, I dont have one, Dad had 5 total, never a break down or issues, 3 guys I know run Bobcat, no breakdowns, no issues.. And it doesnt matter what Ron thinks, he had issues, he made the choice to go to CAT, that doesnt change my opinion on Bobcat. Just cause what your run is right for you doesnt mean its right for me..

Lawnworks
04-06-2009, 11:02 PM
BTW, I have owned a t190 before and THEY ARE JUNK. Bought it for 12.5k and the previous owner put 12k into tracks and undercarriage a few months before I bought it.

Lawnworks
04-06-2009, 11:03 PM
No, I dont have one, Dad had 5 total, never a break down or issues, 3 guys I know run Bobcat, no breakdowns, no issues.. And it doesnt matter what Ron thinks, he had issues, he made the choice to go to CAT, that doesnt change my opinion on Bobcat. Just cause what your run is right for you doesnt mean its right for me..

Exactly, you don't know shitt. The sooner you think my way... the sooner you become rich.

Junior M
04-06-2009, 11:05 PM
BTW, I have owned a t190 before and THEY ARE JUNK. Bought it for 12.5k and the previous owner put 12k into tracks and undercarriage a few months before I bought it.
Sure, thats nice, I really dont care and I'd like to see where that $12k went unless a final drive went.. And your repair bill we be a whole lot more than mine, just the way CAT is..

Like I said before, what I run works for me, what you run works for you, thats what matters, I could give a crap less what you think about the equipment I run..

Junior M
04-06-2009, 11:08 PM
Exactly, you don't know shitt. The sooner you think my way... the sooner you become rich.
Whats your way? Please, tell me, I want to get rich and run a CAT skidsteer, its just my dream! :rolleyes:

If I wanted to run CAT I would, I could, they are right across the street from Bobcat, but I choose not to, they are to big, they dont give a crap about the little guy, its all about the guy buying 3 skids a year, dozers, huge trackhoes, not the little guy with 1 skid and a couple attachments. I wont get the service I need, nor the deals and things I get from CAT..

Lawnworks
04-06-2009, 11:19 PM
Sure, thats nice, I really dont care and I'd like to see where that $12k went unless a final drive went.. And your repair bill we be a whole lot more than mine, just the way CAT is..

Like I said before, what I run works for me, what you run works for you, thats what matters, I could give a crap less what you think about the equipment I run..

You don't own ANY equipment. So you are right about me not caring about what you use.

Why do want to see pics of my Cat if you are Bobcat/Terex/Chinese man? Maybe you should find a girlfriend.

Lawnworks
04-06-2009, 11:23 PM
Whats your way? Please, tell me, I want to get rich and run a CAT skidsteer, its just my dream! :rolleyes:

If I wanted to run CAT I would, I could, they are right across the street from Bobcat, but I choose not to, they are to big, they dont give a crap about the little guy, its all about the guy buying 3 skids a year, dozers, huge trackhoes, not the little guy with 1 skid and a couple attachments. I wont get the service I need, nor the deals and things I get from CAT..

I don't buy new and sure as HELL don't take it to the dealership to get fixed.

Ok, tell me what is stupid about this. Buy a skid for $4500, use it for two years, net 75k(just off of actual skid steer use not including other services), and then sell it for 10k two years later.

Junior M
04-06-2009, 11:23 PM
You don't own ANY equipment. So you are right about me not caring about what you use.

Why do want to see pics of my Cat if you are Bobcat/Terex/Chinese man? Maybe you should find a girlfriend.
it doesnt matter if I own any equipment or not, I do the same amount of work for the same price as everyone else, just cause you own equipment doesnt make you better than me as much as you think it does, it doesnt..

And so what if I prefer Bobcat, doesnt mean I dont like looking at equipment, its what I enjoy, I'll run anything, I prefer Bobcat.

Junior M
04-06-2009, 11:26 PM
I don't buy new and sure as HELL don't take it to the dealership to get fixed.

Ok, tell me what is stupid about this. Buy a skid for $4500, use it for two years, net 75k(just off of actual skid steer use not including other services), and then sell it for 10k two years later.
You've got to buy parts somewhere, you cant get all your parts at NAPA..

Yeah, its a great deal but I never said it was stupid in the first place..

Lawnworks
04-06-2009, 11:29 PM
it doesnt matter if I own any equipment or not, I do the same amount of work for the same price as everyone else, just cause you own equipment doesnt make you better than me as much as you think it does, it doesnt..

And so what if I prefer Bobcat, doesnt mean I dont like looking at equipment, its what I enjoy, I'll run anything, I prefer Bobcat.

I am not better than you in any way. I respect you for being a hardworking kid. But at the same time, you have to factor in that some of us have more experience than you.

Junior M
04-06-2009, 11:30 PM
I am not better than you in any way. I respect you for being a hardworking kid. But at the same time, you have to factor in that some of us have more experience than you.
I understand that, I am here to learn, but I see in no way where experience has anything to do with what we are talking about..

Lawnworks
04-06-2009, 11:33 PM
You've got to buy parts somewhere, you cant get all your parts at NAPA..

Yeah, its a great deal but I never said it was stupid in the first place..

Have you run a Cat before? I think you might change your mind. Running a bobcat is WORK. Talk about sore arms and legs.

Junior M
04-06-2009, 11:37 PM
Have you run a Cat before? I think you might change your mind. Running a bobcat is WORK. Talk about sore arms and legs.
Nope, never had the chance, I need a trackmachine(for the time being) and the undercarriage they offer from ASV is what I dont like, the CTL is a whole new story but its bigger than what I'd like to get into..

But if I ever buy a bobcat with the options I want it will have joysticks..

Lawnworks
04-06-2009, 11:38 PM
I understand that, I am here to learn, but I see in no way where experience has anything to do with what we are talking about..

Experience has to do with everything. The more you experience the more you will learn. Some things they just don't teach in school. When you have to make expenditures out of your bottom line, you will have a totally different outlook on everything. The name Cat or Bobcat doesn't mean anything... just the amount of money that they take from your bottom line.

Junior M
04-06-2009, 11:40 PM
Experience has to do with everything. The more you experience the more you will learn. Some things they just don't teach in school. When you have to make expenditures out of your bottom line, you will have a totally different outlook on everything. The name Cat or Bobcat doesn't mean anything... just the amount of money that they take from your bottom line.
I understand that, but experience has nothing to do with choosing the machine that fits your needs and ultimately CAT is alot higher priced, Ronnie can vouch for that, plus with Bobcat I get great deals on rentals and they work with me on hours, which in the end lowers my overhead, where CAT couldnt do something like that because they are so big..

Lawnworks
04-06-2009, 11:41 PM
Nope, never had the chance, I need a trackmachine(for the time being) and the undercarriage they offer from ASV is what I dont like, the CTL is a whole new story but its bigger than what I'd like to get into..

But if I ever buy a bobcat with the options I want it will have joysticks..

Aw man!!! come on!! bashing the Cat without every using one! What do I have to do? Fly you down here?

I hear you on the CTL or for that matter any track machine. You really have to crunch the numbers to be able justify the track/undercarriage expenditures. I will NEVER own a Cat CTL or any track machine.

Junior M
04-06-2009, 11:44 PM
Aw man!!! come on!! bashing the Cat without every using one! What do I have to do? Fly you down here?

I hear you on the CTL or for that matter any track machine. You really have to crunch the numbers to be able justify the track/undercarriage expenditures. I will NEVER own a Cat CTL or any track machine.
I am not bashing them, when I say things like CAT sucks and have a laughing thing somewhere in the post, I am most likely joking, the whole heavy equipment forum is full of crap like that..

And in all reality, I am not bashing CAT, the ASV undercarriage is what pushes me away from CAT and there CTL's are to large of machines for the time being for my needs. I will say there cabs and engine compartments are freakin great, the dashs could be better imo but everything else is great..

Lawnworks
04-06-2009, 11:45 PM
I understand that, but experience has nothing to do with choosing the machine that fits your needs and ultimately CAT is alot higher priced, Ronnie can vouch for that, plus with Bobcat I get great deals on rentals and they work with me on hours, which in the end lowers my overhead, where CAT couldnt do something like that because they are so big..

How are you going to know what fits your needs if you haven't experienced all of the options?

Renting is not a bad option. Lower overhead equals more profit. But if you found a STEAL on a used machine you might be more profitable.

Junior M
04-06-2009, 11:49 PM
How are you going to know what fits your needs if you haven't experienced all of the options?

Renting is not a bad option. Lower overhead equals more profit. But if you found a STEAL on a used machine you might be more profitable.
lets see, its either a skidsteer or a CTL, I dont like the MTL, to many moving parts and rebuild expenses are to large. The skidsteer wont hold a hill like a CTL, doesnt have the floatation through mud like I need for the selective clearing I am doing, anything else?

And I am planning on getting a skid here before long, I am going with a skid because it'll be cheaper to get into and it sounds like VTS will be a better option for me..

Lawnworks
04-06-2009, 11:50 PM
I am not bashing them, when I say things like CAT sucks and have a laughing thing somewhere in the post, I am most likely joking, the whole heavy equipment forum is full of crap like that..

And in all reality, I am not bashing CAT, the ASV undercarriage is what pushes me away from CAT and there CTL's are to large of machines for the time being for my needs. I will say there cabs and engine compartments are freakin great, the dashs could be better imo but everything else is great..

I don't like the CTLs either, but when you rent a Cat PM and let me know what you really think of it. I have owned several bobcats and have always thought they were uncomfortable. Your arms get sore. Your legs get sore. But with a Cat, it is like you are playing video games in an air ride seat.

Junior M
04-06-2009, 11:50 PM
lets see, its either a skidsteer or a CTL, I dont like the MTL, to many moving parts and rebuild expenses are to large. The skidsteer wont hold a hill like a CTL, doesnt have the floatation through mud like I need for the selective clearing I am doing, any other reasons that push me to a CTL?

And I am planning on getting a skid here before long, I am going with a skid because it'll be cheaper to get into and it sounds like VTS will be a better option for me..

fixed my mistakes, isnt letting me edit for some reason..

Junior M
04-06-2009, 11:53 PM
I don't like the CTLs either, but when you rent a Cat PM and let me know what you really think of it. I have owned several bobcats and have always thought they were uncomfortable. Your arms get sore. Your legs get sore. But with a Cat, it is like you are playing video games in an air ride seat.
I like CTL's, its just that the ones CAT sells currently are to large for my needs. I am currently using a CTL, but I'll probably never rent a CAT unless I demo one when I actually have the money to buy a new one, if and when CAT comes out with a small frame CTL..

And for gosh sakes man, its called joysticks, CAT isnt the only one that offers joysticks.

Lawnworks
lets see, its either a skidsteer or a CTL, I dont like the MTL, to many moving parts and rebuild expenses are to large. The skidsteer wont hold a hill like a CTL, doesnt have the floatation through mud like I need for the selective clearing I am doing, anything else?

I like the VTS, especially when you can get a new set off of ironplanet for 5k!

Honestly, I would buy the best deal you can get whether it is Cat, Case, John Deere, or Bobcat. If I found a Bobcat for 5k like my Cat, I would be using a bobcat... but I would just be hating every minute of life in the damn thing.

Junior M
I like CTL's, its just that the ones CAT sells currently are to large for my needs. I am currently using a CTL, but I'll probably never rent a CAT unless I demo one when I actually have the money to buy a new one, if and when CAT comes out with a small frame CTL..

And for gosh sakes man, its called joysticks, CAT isnt the only one that offers joysticks. and I will say Bobcats cabs suck, especially there seats, but they are suppose to be totally redesigning there machines, so we'll see!

freakin not letting me edit is getting annoying!

Lawnworks
04-06-2009, 11:55 PM

And for gosh sakes man, its called joysticks, CAT isnt the only one that offers joysticks.

And bobcats ACS haven't exactly gotten rave reviews. Takeuchi and Case are the only real contenders with Cat.

Why buy new when you can get one with a few hundred hours for 20k less?

Junior M
04-06-2009, 11:57 PM
And bobcats ACS haven't exactly gotten rave reviews. Takeuchi and Case are the only real contenders with Cat.

Why buy new when you can get one with a few hundred hours for 20k less?
I dont plan on the ACS, Dad doesnt like joysticks, I do, so if and when I can ever afford a new machine I'll get that package where you switch between the 2, I cant think of the name off the top of my head..

and I dont plan on buying new, I am saying this is what I plan on doing when I can afford a new one..