PDA

View Full Version : How often do you bill

hvphotog
04-04-2009, 09:02 AM
Wondering how often everyone bills their clients for maintenance related services?

NEWGUYRI
04-04-2009, 09:48 AM
I'd say once a month, you get to bother them less often!

rflawnman
04-04-2009, 09:49 AM
yep, once a month here also.

Tim Johnson
04-04-2009, 10:58 AM
Once a month. It saves alot of paperwork.

dwlah
04-05-2009, 11:13 PM
Once a month unless they happen to be home and have a check in hand
Best advice Ive taken from this site was get a billing system
Since Ive gone to the monthly system I dont forget/miss stuff Ive done

CALandscapes
04-05-2009, 11:32 PM
Once a month.

LB1234
04-06-2009, 12:31 AM
Residential...monthly for maintenance services 14 days to pay. Commercial...monthly 30 days to pay. Any non-maintenance services payments due upon completion with some pre-payment arrangements made as well (1/3 signing, 1/3 arrival, 1/3 completion.)

MJS
04-06-2009, 12:37 AM
Once a month unless they happen to be home and have a check in hand
done

Ditto to that. . . I have a few who pay up-front at the beginning of the year, but I really don't encourage that with the rest of the customers. My commercial accounts are also monthly; right now I have no good reason to shorten or lengthen the billing schedule.

DLAWNS
04-06-2009, 02:03 AM
Once a month here as well.

hvphotog
04-06-2009, 10:10 AM
seems monthly is the way to go, i was thinking bi-weekly but everyone likes the monthly thing better..

S.I.
04-08-2009, 10:22 PM
Monthly on scheduled/regular service, time of service for new one time customers ... I do have a couple of these that call every year for a service or two and I will give net 30 on those.

More frequent and people don't know what has been paid and will cause headaches, not to mention costs (office supplies, postage, time, etc). Any longer and you will be set-up for big loses on non-paying flakes. Believe me it happens at some point or another to everyone.

One thing I do is give the option of being billed on the first or the 15th of the month. This makes it easier for some people to budget in their payments.

dwlah
04-10-2009, 12:42 AM
Stick to your billing cycle if they are late suspend service until they are caught up
Some go 15 days others go 30 days
DONT LET THEM GET TOO FAR BEHIND

(lesson learned the hard way):hammerhead:

familylawncare
04-13-2009, 04:36 PM
We are thinking of changing billing cycles. When starting out onvce a week was better for cash flow. Now we can handle once a month. Does anyone charge a service fee for billing?

Brett's Cutting Edge
04-13-2009, 05:06 PM
Once a month, if you go longer than that and you get someone who doesnt pay you are screwed, and if you do it more than once a month the amount spent on printing and mailing is so much more.

VirginiaLawnCare
04-16-2009, 08:20 PM
Monthly.......

infonics
04-17-2009, 03:25 AM
How do you send customer invoices?

- Mail It
- Drop Off
- Email It
- Fax It
- Web Based Tools

How much do you spend per month? There may be ways to streamline this process based on the invoice volume.

LB1234
04-17-2009, 09:03 PM

- Mail It
- Drop Off
- Email It
- Fax It
- Web Based Tools

How much do you spend per month? There may be ways to streamline this process based on the invoice volume.

everything except web based tools.

garmel
04-17-2009, 09:26 PM
Once a month....mail or by hand.

dwlah
04-19-2009, 10:03 AM

- Mail It
- Drop Off
- Email It
- Fax It
- Web Based Tools

Mail all but one unless they are home
I do a hand written bill for them so they can pay me out of petty cash
Personnaly Id like it if I could bill them monthly like everybody else but thats the way they have done it for years and I dont have a problem collecting so no reason to kick a sleeping dog

hvphotog
04-19-2009, 02:16 PM
Going to start with Bi-weekly billing to keep cash flow positive for a little while and take a look in august on how that is working out and if cash flow is better than will switch to monthly or wait til 2010 season to go monthly

meicher806
04-19-2009, 05:35 PM
i invoice out every day, most get sent out by e mail at the time of service, otherwise i have my laptop and printer in the truck, and at the end of the month we send out statements so everybody can see where they stand. i have several customers that want to mail me a check after every service, and some of my commercials pay net 60 i find that way at the end of the day when i get home, im done with most of my paperwork. and that is nice.

txgrassguy
04-19-2009, 05:59 PM
I bill once a month with customers whom I have credit card number(s) on file.
These are all contracts wherein the amounts are already stipulated for service(s) provided.
Those that have existing an existing contract prior to my accepting credit cards are billed every three weeks and payment must be received with-in ten business days or service is suspended pending complete payment.
Been burned before and this is the best way I have found to keep up.
All commercial is net 30, any delay and no service. So far no real problems once the corporate book keepers got their act together.