PDA

View Full Version : New guy sign on trailer

Field King
04-04-2009, 07:38 PM
This is my first year in the lawn service, I have a full time job but plan to go full time in lawn care in 3 to 5 years if all goes well, any way my short term goals are, get some work, equipment and get my name ot there. Here is a pic of the sign I laser cut at work on my new to me used trailer, what do u all think, I will be having the trailer sand blasted and painted at the end of the season. I am calling my service "LAWN RANGER" so I made the sign look like a Texas Rnger badge! - p.s, the phone numbers are very clear they just picked up my bumber in the pic.
http://i44.tinypic.com/2eeejkg.jpg

Big C
04-04-2009, 07:49 PM
That is cool....very different and will stand out and make people remember you and your biz......good luck!!:drinkup:

MortonLawn
04-04-2009, 07:50 PM
isn't that a split tailgate??

Field King
04-04-2009, 07:54 PM
It was a split gate but I welded a small angle on top to make it 1 piece, not real heavy as it is made of 2x2x3/16, I can handle it for now! Besides I have been slingin steel for 25 years now(my full time job) I am kinda used to it!

South Florida Lawns
04-04-2009, 07:58 PM
Nice looking, is that water jet cut? I'll bet that sign wasn't cheap, unless you know somebody that does water cutting.

Field King
04-04-2009, 08:11 PM
I run CNC oxy-fuel burning machines and multi-processing Plasma machines, we also have a Laser machine and I had my co-worker cut it out of a piece of 36" x 36" 11 gauge hot roll commercial quality steel that was headed to the scrap yard, I paid scrap for the steel and the laser cut was free! I then painted it silver like a real badge, but I may change my color scheme when I have the trailer painted! It is un-believable what the company I work for throws out, I can buy for my use but they frown on me buying to resell!

Holleys Landscaping
04-04-2009, 08:46 PM
Dont bother sandblasting your trailer if you dont have to. I just finished my trailer and it was pretty rusty. I just spent an hour or two wire brushing it then tore off the fenders and welded on new ones then painted the whole thing with a sprayer. Sandblasting in kinda expensive too.

Field King
04-04-2009, 09:03 PM
Dont bother sandblasting your trailer if you dont have to. I just finished my trailer and it was pretty rusty. I just spent an hour or two wire brushing it then tore off the fenders and welded on new ones then painted the whole thing with a sprayer. Sandblasting in kinda expensive too.

Thanx, I am debating doing it myself to save money or getting estimates!

Holleys Landscaping
04-04-2009, 09:10 PM
One of my buddies was gonna sandblast it for free if I just paid for the sand but I decided to just do it myself.