PDA

View Full Version : yellow pages?

jay albers
04-05-2009, 08:43 AM
I use my cell phone # for my business. Is it worth it to get a land line to get in the yellow pages? Then I can forward the calls. Also ,should I take out a newspaper ad? I'v got flyers and door hangers,business cards and signs.Not getting many calls tho.It is still early here in the poconos tho. All suggestions welcome!

CLARK LAWN
04-05-2009, 11:10 AM
around here you can get in the yellowpages with a cell phone #, call them and find out. i would get listed but dont spend a whole lot of money on it.

bohiaa
04-05-2009, 03:41 PM
shame on you, sending this poor sole to the yellowpages.

Leave those people alone, and they will leave you alone.

jay albers
04-05-2009, 05:09 PM
thanks for the advice guys

Josh.S
04-05-2009, 08:27 PM
You can get a "remote call forwarding number" which will be a non-existitant line that forwards to your cell phone. That is what I do... my business line is 22-GREEN (224-7336) but it forwards to my cell phone just like you were calling my cell. I cannot tell if somebody is calling my cell phone or the business line because they both ring through to my cell. This is the phone number I put on all my advertising materials. It only costs like 30 per month, then if you ever get a land line for the business, you can make that phone number a land line.

I also like this option because if I sell the business later, I can still keep my regular cell phone number and then sell them the business number.