PDA

View Full Version : Who uses a blackberry or the new storm?

Ramairfreak98ss
04-05-2009, 12:00 PM
my 8703e kept turning off every winter storm we had this season due to moisture inside i guess. It finally now wont turn on the screen, got rained on for a couple minutes :/ Verizon wants to get me a BB storm, but has anyone else used these yet? Im REALLY worried with how many times my BB has dropped, got knocked around, fell out of the holster etc on the jobsite that the FULL touchscreen storm will be dead in a month or two. My other BB lasted over 2 years now.

Frontier-Lawn
04-06-2009, 12:34 PM
heres what i use for my cell. A HTC PRO window mobile 6.1 pda

http://nextelonline.nextel.com/assets/images/phones/manufacturers/htc/htc_touch_pro/touch_pro_thumbnails/PPC6850SP_LPI.gif

joshco84
04-06-2009, 01:10 PM
My verizon boulder is coming in today. It is a mil-spec phone that is dust, shock and waterproof.

Only problem is it is just a flip, not a pda style phone. You may be able to pick up email and stuff on it though.

Tjw1104
04-06-2009, 04:40 PM
i use the curve its a solid phone i drop it atleast 5 times on a good day

FIRESCOOBY
04-06-2009, 09:00 PM
Get a good case. I got an "Otterbox" for my BB.

LBLC_LCO
04-06-2009, 09:58 PM
I just got the Blackberry Curve a couple weeks ago...F'n love this phone. I was going to get the Storm, but I have some friends who work for verizon and said it still has some bugs that need to be worked out.

Jusmowin
04-06-2009, 10:18 PM
I just got a bb pearl and a otter box, both work great.

unkownfl
04-09-2009, 01:14 AM
I phone I can take credit cards and everything with it.

Ramairfreak98ss
04-09-2009, 01:21 AM
Get a good case. I got an "Otterbox" for my BB.

Wow, those are cool man! i guess after seeing those i realize im not THAT rough on my phones lol, they do last 2 years without a case even :p And $49.99 plus shipping is steep just for a case for my blackberry. I just replaced the one with a much newer replacement so all is good again. I have two BB 8703s from verizon, 2 LG vx8300s or something that are both 2yrs old+ now and a BB curve for the g/f . The curve i think is just too small, the storm is all screen so i like my 8703s.

FIRESCOOBY
04-09-2009, 09:07 AM
Wow, those are cool man! i guess after seeing those i realize im not THAT rough on my phones lol, they do last 2 years without a case even :p And $49.99 plus shipping is steep just for a case for my blackberry. I just replaced the one with a much newer replacement so all is good again. I have two BB 8703s from verizon, 2 LG vx8300s or something that are both 2yrs old+ now and a BB curve for the g/f . The curve i think is just too small, the storm is all screen so i like my 8703s.

I got mine on ebay brand new for about $30. It's worth it...it's very tough, ater resistant...I've dropped it several times and it doesn't even bring the screen out from hibernation.

glfredrick
04-09-2009, 09:34 AM
Love my BB Curve. :cool2: And, for the record, I too can take credit cards on it. I just use the PayPal app. You can do that with any phone that has web capability.

Note that the BB phones are MUCH more user friendly once loading a few additional apps. I use Opera Mini web browser, which works tons better than the built in app, Google mobile apps, which give me weather, news, sports, and maps -- and, yes -- turn-by-turn GPS just like a Tom Tom. There are also other apps out there that can customize the experience depending on your own needs. For me, I'm pushing emails from 4 accounts, tracking phone and text conversations, using the calendar and alarm functions, and syncing everything with the desktop computer.

Check out crackberry.com for more information than any one person can process... :laugh:

Outdoors_Unlimited
04-19-2009, 01:22 AM
Ive heard if you have never had a BB you will love the Storm.

But if you already have BB you will hate the storm.

meicher806
04-19-2009, 06:06 PM
i had a BB i loved it, but i decided that i could save a ton of money by just using my laptop to the fullest.