PDA

View Full Version : A few pics of recent jobs

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
04-05-2009, 10:45 PM
first one was a simple flowerbed clean up. Did it solo, in just over 4 hours.

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
04-05-2009, 10:53 PM
A sod job and flowerbed redo that should have only taken a few hours to prep and one day to finish but mother nature drug it out for 5 days!!

STIHL GUY
04-05-2009, 11:02 PM
looks good

jay albers
04-05-2009, 11:09 PM
nice job! Im new to the biz, if you dont mind me askin what did ya charge for the first bedding job.Just trying to get ideas where to start. thanx

Florida Gardener
04-05-2009, 11:16 PM
You do very nice work.....very clean

2brothersyardcare
04-06-2009, 07:55 AM
looks awsome

TREEGUARD
04-06-2009, 08:21 AM
Sod looks dead

EagleGrounds
04-06-2009, 11:31 AM
Sod looks dead

I second that, isnt sod suppose to be green, not brown :laugh:

IntegrityGuy
04-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Ya sod does look dead. It cant be dormit becasue you live in nc and grass has been growing there for a while.

BTM Lawn Maintenance L.L.C
04-06-2009, 12:21 PM
Anyone ???:confused:

benjammin
04-06-2009, 03:09 PM
Ya sod does look dead. It cant be dormit becasue you live in nc and grass has been growing there for a while.

Most, but not all warm season grass has just started coming to life here on the NC coast. So I'll bet that sod is still dormant and will be fine. Just get a soil test and throw a bunch of water, let me know if I can help. ;-)

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
04-06-2009, 04:51 PM
Centipede is just now starting to come out of dormancy here. Lawn should be green in a couple weeks.

South Florida Lawns
04-06-2009, 07:07 PM
You guys are dumb, it ain't dead its dormant. Come on now use that thing in your head called a brain, I know ya'll got one. Even down here in Florida the grass goes dormant if it gets cold enough. I had a pallet of St. Augustine that looked just like that a few months back.

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
04-06-2009, 07:22 PM
Here's a job from 2 weeks ago. Just another simple bed redo, sorry forgot to put the memory card in for the before pics. And the yard was treated for weeds 2 days after we were done.

Kennedy Landscaping
04-06-2009, 08:29 PM
Looks good. Keep it up and have a good season!

georgiagrass
04-06-2009, 08:38 PM
Warm season grasses (Bermuda and Zoysia) are not green yet in Atlanta. It's just dormant and will be fine. Still will have to have plenty of H2O, though.

BTM Lawn Maintenance L.L.C
04-06-2009, 11:08 PM
You guys are dumb, it ain't dead its dormant. Come on now use that thing in your head called a brain, I know ya'll got one. Even down here in Florida the grass goes dormant if it gets cold enough. I had a pallet of St. Augustine that looked just like that a few months back.

So how long does it take to get green,,after laying it down and all....? cause to me its an eye sore to see a brown lawn...

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
04-07-2009, 01:29 AM
So how long does it take to get green,,after laying it down and all....? cause to me its an eye sore to see a brown lawn...

What do you think it looks like 4 months out of the year anyways?:hammerhead: Within a couple weeks it will be green again. I'd rather have dormant sod, then a yard loaded with green weeds but thats just me.

benjammin
04-07-2009, 11:22 AM
What do you think it looks like 4 months out of the year anyways?:hammerhead: Within a couple weeks it will be green again. I'd rather have dormant sod, then a yard loaded with green weeds but thats just me.

and I don't mind not cutting grass for 4 months. My Aunt and Uncle from Ohio just visited and my Uncle commented how he didn't like warm season grass because it was brown in the winter. But, he has to cut his grass year round and 2 or 3 times a week in the summer. He couldn't believe I only cut once a week all summer.

greenstar lawn
04-07-2009, 11:30 AM
and I don't mind not cutting grass for 4 months. My Aunt and Uncle from Ohio just visited and my Uncle commented how he didn't like warm season grass because it was brown in the winter. But, he has to cut his grass year round and 2 or 3 times a week in the summer. He couldn't believe I only cut once a week all summer.

i am from Michigan and dec-march we dont cut here. My sister lives in Aurora Oh and i know they dont cut in those months either. IT SNOWS HERE!!! My question is where do they live in Ohio to where they have to cut year round

georgiagrass
04-07-2009, 12:10 PM

Get used to it; you're going to see it every winter.

Elks
04-13-2009, 11:45 PM
where are you getting your sod from?

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
04-17-2009, 11:25 PM
Few after pics from today. New client, nice yard, well the fronts nice. Simply trimmed all the bushes, re-arranged several, and put down bout 10 yards of triple shredded hardwood.

TomberLawn
04-17-2009, 11:56 PM
That's a nice house, and yard. Looks good!

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
04-18-2009, 12:03 AM
where are you getting your sod from?

Sorry I didnt see this earlier. We always get our sod from Kellums sod farm. Dwight is a great guy and his sod is always healthier and thicker then anyone else around here.

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
05-01-2009, 11:06 PM
Here's a few from a small sod job we just did. Yard was a wreck before, lot was never graded water would just sit forever after a rain, no grass at all. Customer is going to plant the beds themselves as of now. Took 13.5 pallets of sod. Forgot to take before pics :hammerhead: