PDA

View Full Version : H2b

heygrassman
03-22-2002, 09:37 PM
I am curious how many of us are using or will be using H2B labor..

LawnLad
03-23-2002, 02:39 PM
Looking into it now. Don't need to have the guys for this spring or year, but have some people that would work later this year if I had it in place.

Considering using MARA - Mid Atlantic Resources Association to do the paperwork. Anyone had any dealings with them? Their total cost with expedited IRS filing fees is about $3,000.

What I'm trying to figure out is when the employees have to leave the country - and what the definition of leaving the country is and for how long. My understanding is that they can be in the US for 10 months on the H2-B program. I've heard of some immigaration deals (H1-A or others) where the employee can go to Canada to their foreign consulate and get their visa stamped there and then return to the US. Particularly important if you hire from over the pond since transportation costs may be prohibitive. We're looking at using labor from S. Africa as well as eastern Euorpean countries. This way we find English speaking workers and our cultures are a little more alike than some of Hispanic cultures.

LAWNGODFATHER
03-23-2002, 07:26 PM
No one here uses it that I know of.

I will have them in place for next season.

LawnLad email me the info on that please.

Lawngodfather@aol.com

LawnLad
03-23-2002, 07:42 PM
I'm sure they're others than just these... but here is a start.

MARA
MidAtlantic Resources Association
Tel: 434.277.5800

Amanda Wright
Assistant General Manager

Or

Mid America Ag & Hort Services, Inc.
Tel: 614.677.4530

Or

Amigo's Labor Solutions
Tel: 214.526.5665.