PDA

View Full Version : Lightfair 2009

MAGLIGHTING
04-06-2009, 09:31 PM
Who else is going to NY this year? Anyone?

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
04-06-2009, 09:55 PM
I am planning on attending. Will be on the trade show floor on Tuesday and making the rest of the week into a mini-vacation for the wifey and I.

Have yet to make the reservations, but we do have a babysitter for the kids booked.

MAGLIGHTING
04-06-2009, 09:58 PM
I am planning on attending. Will be on the trade show floor on Tuesday and making the rest of the week into a mini-vacation for the wifey and I.

Have yet to make the reservations, but we do have a babysitter for the kids booked.

Are you working the Kumho booth again this year?

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
04-06-2009, 10:36 PM
No I'm not. Not sure they are even attending to be honest. I did that gig as a Launch for the Luxxo Lamp, it's not a full time thing for me. :)

David Gretzmier
04-06-2009, 11:03 PM
James- gotta admit, it is more important to get that sitter booked than the hotel.

Pro-Scapes
04-07-2009, 03:55 AM
We went last year. Ash really wanted to hit NYC this year but the dates are not working for us. Let me know if you see anything new and exciting Mike.

JoeyD
04-07-2009, 11:32 AM
Unique will be there but I have opted out.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
04-07-2009, 02:08 PM
Awww come on Joey... NYC with "The Hoff" & "CJ" in attendance?!?! Im sure we could figure out some way to make it fun. :)

I just scanned through expedia... over 420 hotels in mid-town and Central Park areas rated 3Stars and above! WoW.

JoeyD
04-07-2009, 02:13 PM
I got 3 little ones at home now so leaving town is hard on mamma! As much as I would love to go to NYC I just cant do it......

The Hoff and CJ.........too much dude!! Post that picture up here for everyone to see!! LOL

NiteTymeIlluminations
04-14-2009, 09:29 AM
No this year. I'm not a fan of New York City. I'm curious which mfrs will be pulling back their spending this year. I'm really into waterskiing and its amazing how many major tournamnets aren't happening this year as the boat mfrs will not put forth the spending to support it. No sponsor money no tourney.
It's a great op though for those who are strong enough to make it through. I mean people like Mike G, James S, etc...the economic downturn is great for them as it weeds out the guys who aren't strong enough to make it through.
I'd hate to see a few mfrs not be able to make it through though...you know Kichler, Unique, etc...they will make it...who won't is the big question.
Further, do guys who specifically so landscape lighting find LightFair worth it? I go to research things like LED cobra heads and things like that. Are there enough mfrs of landscape lighting there to make it worth travelling to NYC or Vegas? Or is it holiday? Just curious.

Pro-Scapes
04-14-2009, 02:21 PM
Last year we were already in Vegas just before lightfair for another convention so we decided to stay over for it. We learned alot about LED's and made a few new contacts. Meeting colleauges and some of the manufactures we use made it worth it.

There is as much if not more junk there than there is useful product. It was a learning experience but not enough landscape specific product to rearrange my schedual to fit it in. I am off to Vegas again in 12 hours.

Eden Lights
04-14-2009, 11:23 PM
Some mfrs are doing smaller private suites by invite only and saving big $$$