PDA

View Full Version : Landscape Lighting World

Alan B
04-07-2009, 02:14 PM
We are proud to announce our new sponsorship on Lawnsite. (look for our banner in the left hand column)

To kick-off our new sponsorship, we are offering a huge 50% OFF WAREHOUSE SALE!

SOLID BRASS SPOTLIGHTS
CHINA HAT AREA LIGHTS
STAINLESS STEEL MULTI TAP 12v-22v Transformers

This sale won't last long -- its to encourage everyone to give us a shot, try our products and make up their own mind if our quality, price and immediate delivery are what they are looking for.

Wholesale landscape lighting supplies, 15,000 fixtures in stock (yes, unlike the majority out there - we actually have a huge inventory), immediate shipping.

Lowest prices, fastest shipping, biggest inventory!

Fixtures feature:
-custom manufactured, custom speced with high end components and construction
-tinned copper wiring
-120" lead wire (tinned copper)
-beryllium copper sockets
-fittings and sockets pregreased with dielectric grease
-silicon injected at pigtail wire exit to prevent ground moisture from entering fixture.
-Domed glass lens
-heat shrink tubing over all internal splices
-stainless steel bulb clips
-glass lens sealed path/area lights

Eden Lights
04-07-2009, 04:57 PM
Its great to have you here and thank you for the support of the forum.

Eddie Clemons
Eden Lights & Automation

Alan B
04-09-2009, 07:33 PM
Thanks, Ed, glad to be here.:drinkup:

In this market, I believe our products are just what the doctor ordered. If a contractor is pressured on price, they no longer need to consider lowering fixture quality -- just buy better. I am certain you'd have to spend double to match the quality of our brass pathlights and spotlights. I'm also confident that our items are superior to many of the bestselling mainline items contractors use.

Also the ability to have a new nat'l distributor that inventories everything we carry adds a new option for contractors.

On a comical note, I parked my GMC YUKON XL on top of our Top Dog Spotlight (back wheel off the ground parked directly on top of the fixture) -- no damage to fixture other than asphalt scraps in finish - try that with any other fixture priced within 150%.

On a more serious note: to those concerned about our pricing being publicly displayed -- its normally not (you need a wholesale acct to view our pricing), we are displaying it temporarily during the kick-off of our current promotion (so that contractors who do not yet have a wholesale acct can see our value).

Have a great weekend.

Alan

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
04-09-2009, 11:59 PM
Alan, I sent you an email when I received your promotion in my email, but have not yet received a response.

Has your in-house line ( VOLT ) recieved electrical listings yet? Are they listed for use here in Canada? (ULc, cETL or CSA)

Thanks.

JoeyD
04-10-2009, 11:26 AM
Welcome to the site.

Are you the Distributor or the manufacturer of Volt?

Volt looks like it is based off of our system which is pretty cool. Volt even has a Hub titled "Hub". Is the Volt product line UL/ETL listed as James questioned? Also is the Volt line made/casted overseas and assembled, packaged, and QC'd here in the states or is all of that done overseas? The line does have some "Unique" features!! LOL

For you to be half the price on solid brass products you have to be cutting the overhead somewhere. Usually costs get cut on the assembly side, packaging side, QC side, Marketing side, and sales support staff side. I am trying to be fair but your prices produce more of this "race for the bottom" technique that so many top quality manfuacturers and contractors fear. Look what the race for the bottom did to irrigation. Homeowners see your pricing and it hurts the contractors the most.

Again, welcome to the site. Its nice to see a Distributor / Manufacturer step up and sponsor the site!

irrig8r
04-10-2009, 11:49 AM
If Landscape Lighting World is the only Volt distributor, who is this? An online reseller?

http://store.starrynightlights.com/volt.html

David Gretzmier
04-11-2009, 06:25 PM
I ordered a top dog spotlight and path to check out the quality, along with a spool of 10/2 and a 1200 watt trans. I'll post a review when they get here.

klkanders
04-11-2009, 11:53 PM
David,
Good thing you went with the 1200 watt trans being you ordered 2 fixtures instead of just the one. :)

Keith

Oh...and can you please park your vehicle on top of the uplight also? Just curious if it holds up. :)

David Gretzmier
04-12-2009, 10:38 AM
will do. talking with them, they also tried hanging thier body weight on the riser for the path. I will try that off a pallet rack in my warehouse. I have to admit, if both of those claims pan out, it'd make a great photo for website. I actually needed a 900 watt trans for a job and bumped up to the 1200 for future upgrades. they offer a 10 year warranty on the trans, same as the FX I normally buy. of course, a warranty is only as good as long as the company is in business, a la nightscaping.

Alan B
04-13-2009, 11:25 AM
here are the photos of the top dog in brass (bronze finish) and top Dog in brass (copper finish) being run over by Yukon XL. Parked directly on top of fixture with wheel off the ground (warehouse employee put his hand under the raised tire to show it was off the ground and all weight was on the fixture). No damage other than asphalt scraps in finish.

Yes its true, you can hang all your weight off the pathlight and the stem will not bend.

These are not your ordinary light fixtures-- custom built from the ground up, built solid with top components. I will leave it to Lawnsite members who have bought and tested our fixtures to report what they see-- the proof is in the pudding.

To back this up, the first 5 lawnsite contractors who email us will get a free brass spotlight and free brass path light to test and report their thoughts about. Email... sales@landscapelightingworld.com, include your company name address, tel and write "Free fixtures"

Sincerely,

Alan Brynjolfsson
Contractor Support
813 978-3700

David Gretzmier
04-13-2009, 01:54 PM
email sent.

David Gretzmier
04-17-2009, 12:01 AM
reviewed volt fixtures and trans in a new thread- "Volt transformer-tested"

irrig8r
04-07-2010, 07:15 PM
Alan.... as far as I can tell, you never did answer James question in this thread or any other about whether your fixtures are listed... by UL, ETL, CSA or whomever.

What say you?

irrig8r
04-07-2010, 08:35 PM
Update:

I did a search and discovered that James and I both asked about a year ago, and I posted this:

http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php?p=2935709&postcount=7

I seemed to have forgotten that Alan replied with this:

http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php?p=2942594&postcount=12

It seems to cover the transformers.

What about UL listings for individual fixtures?

Alan B
04-07-2010, 10:41 PM
Greg,

Currently fixtures are not but I guarantee you they will be shortly. In fact I will email you or post the filing info this month since you have been more than patient.

The reason we did not file earlier and have the listings yet has nothing to do with the quality, but economies of scale and a trademark issue that has just been resolved.

Economies of scale: As you know we are new and growing company. We are adding new fixtures and new features every month (in fact there are 3 new fixtures we have manufactured that are in stock but we haven't even had time to put up on our website yet). What does this have to do with UL listings? A lot. It costs more than you think to pay for the approval. The good news is we negotiated a bulk rate to test and review all our fixtures. Accordingly instead of paying and listing our first 5 fixtures and paying $XX,XXX then doing it again for 2 more etc., we decided to wait and submit a lot at once so we would only have to pay this large fee 1 time instead of many times.

Trademark: We were going through a long and on going trademark dispute with the Volt name which is now finally finished (ended with in the last 30 days). We just got the registered trademark for Volt assigned to us. It was an unnecessary and unfortunate legal issue that costs us over $20,000 and delayed us from aggressively promoting the Volt brand (including filing for listing under our name). Volt is finally officially ours without dispute and can now file for the listings.

The reality is the listing is useless regarding the quality and safety of a high end fixture except to use as a barometer to show which companies have an infrastructure. Our fixtures far exceed the UL requirements by a longshot. We are getting listed to demonstrate Volt is a serious manufacturer that is not a ubiquitous no-name importer, to answer people like yourself and so that Canadians (where listings are actually important/required) can buy with confidence.

We probably waited too long to file for some, but then again since we just finished 3 new fixtures this month, the delay in filing saved us at least $20,000, plus now we can file under the proper Volt brand.

There is often a lot that I want to say but can't for 1 reason or another on a public forum. The Volt legal dispute is an example of that. But as time goes on I will let my thoughts be known more and more and you will hear about Volt and details more and more.

I hope that clarifies and I'd be happy to answer any questions I missed.

Sincerely,

Alan

irrig8r
04-08-2010, 02:15 AM
Thanks Alan.

I'm curious about the costs... and whether if you change a few details you then have to obtain a separate listing... for instance, when a fixture like an uplight is changed from a stake to a wall mount to make it a downlight, or instead you add a stem to make it a pathlight, is it required to have a separate listing?

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
04-08-2010, 09:01 AM
I am looking forward to what you have in store for us Alan. Please send me the details as soon as you have everything ready to ship.

Wondering if you have looked into any of the 'alternative' listing agencies that are now acceptable in North America. Specifically TUV and MET. They seem very competitive and eager to gain market share. MET's quote to me on a line of products I am working on was 50% less than UL, and they assured me that there would be none of the headaches or delays that UL have become infamous for.

Alan B
04-08-2010, 10:42 AM
Thanks Alan.

I'm curious about the costs... and whether if you change a few details you then have to obtain a separate listing... for instance, when a fixture like an uplight is changed from a stake to a wall mount to make it a downlight, or instead you add a stem to make it a pathlight, is it required to have a separate listing?

Gregg,

Regarding the costs. I consider it a form of extortion like the BBB. At least now there is competition. I don't want to discuss specific costs publicly (negotiated for months and don't want to upset my listing salesman, nor pass my work in getting a better price onto any competitors).

Great question about the modifications, and I am by no means an expert. From what I understand depends on the modification. If its a change in shape of the shade for an area light- no. If its a change that affects the physics of electricity (different wire, connection, size of body) yes. For example when we shortened the body length of the Top Dog compared to the Big Smoky (the fixture that inspired the Top Dog design) we did so to enable wider beam spreads, however shortening the body means it could get hotter -- should technically have a new listing test. The reality... I don't think many/any manu's pay to resubmit for changes to fixtures.

Sincerely,

Alan

moonlighting
04-08-2010, 06:01 PM
here are the photos of the top dog in brass (bronze finish) and top Dog in brass (copper finish) being run over by Yukon XL. Parked directly on top of fixture with wheel off the ground (warehouse employee put his hand under the raised tire to show it was off the ground and all weight was on the fixture). No damage other than asphalt scraps in finish.

Yes its true, you can hang all your weight off the pathlight and the stem will not bend.

These are not your ordinary light fixtures-- custom built from the ground up, built solid with top components. I will leave it to Lawnsite members who have bought and tested our fixtures to report what they see-- the proof is in the pudding.

To back this up, the first 5 lawnsite contractors who email us will get a free brass spotlight and free brass path light to test and report their thoughts about. Email... sales@landscapelightingworld.com, include your company name address, tel and write "Free fixtures"

Sincerely,

Alan Brynjolfsson
Contractor Support
813 978-3700

email sent! pleas ekeep us posted on csa rating progress!

jason