PDA

View Full Version : BLING BLING Shovel

Classified
04-08-2009, 07:46 PM
So Last year I needed to buy another spade shovel. The one I bought was all painted nice and fancy unlike the other one which was just raw metal. They are the same basic spade just different manufaturers.

So we get to a jobsite where we need the shovels and my employee grabs the new one. I was like oh no no, you get the OLD one, LOL. I was just giving him a hard time but from then on he never used the new shovel. but later that day he said thats ok, ill paint this one GOLD! LOL It was all just jokes but this year I decided to surprise my returning employee with his wish granted!!!!! LMAO

He saw it today and he almost fell over laughing.

Have any of you done similar things??

2brothersyardcare
04-08-2009, 07:50 PM
thats a pimp shovel

KrayzKajun
04-08-2009, 07:52 PM
Yaaaaa boyyyeeeee

mcwlandscaping
04-08-2009, 07:52 PM
I found some chrome spray paint in the shop when we were sanding down some of the hand tool handles so we painted all the push brooms chrome =]

Classified
04-08-2009, 08:02 PM
I found some chrome spray paint in the shop when we were sanding down some of the hand tool handles so we painted all the push brooms chrome =]

LOL!!!! :laugh:

sslopok
04-08-2009, 09:02 PM
you should have to wear gator skin shoes to even touch that shovel!
sslopok

oakwdman
04-08-2009, 10:03 PM
LOL doug thats RICH..... HA! anyone else get it? lol

punt66
04-08-2009, 10:10 PM
When i had my construction company i had a older laborer who just wanted to be in the trench all day. Always had a spade in his hand and would wear them down like nothing. He loved his shovels and i always had to buy him a specific shovel. Well one year i decided to buy him a thank you present for his hard work. At his annual review along with a raise i handed him a stainless spade i picked up online. The shovel was a work of art. I had a message engraved on it thanking him for all his hard work. I wish i had taken a pic of it. Well needless to say it never saw the dirt. hahah He loved it and hung it on a wall in his finished basement.

Classified
04-08-2009, 10:18 PM
When i had my construction company i had a older laborer who just wanted to be in the trench all day. Always had a spade in his hand and would wear them down like nothing. He loved his shovels and i always had to buy him a specific shovel. Well one year i decided to buy him a thank you present for his hard work. At his annual review along with a raise i handed him a stainless spade i picked up online. The shovel was a work of art. I had a message engraved on it thanking him for all his hard work. I wish i had taken a pic of it. Well needless to say it never saw the dirt. hahah He loved it and hung it on a wall in his finished basement.

Haha that's awesome! It's always good to show appreciation to the employees that deserve it.

Classified
04-08-2009, 10:21 PM
LOL doug thats RICH..... HA! anyone else get it? lol

Nope it's just for him as long as he works for me! Mine is blue :)

mowerdude777
04-12-2009, 06:10 PM

You should paint a mower chrome :laugh:

tls22
04-15-2009, 06:19 PM
lol...looks good doug...but that shovel looks like a back breaker. I paint all my shovel handels with red spray paint...so if i do a job with a firend i kno what tools are mine

Classified
04-16-2009, 08:20 PM
Nice thats a good idea. I have a bunch of left over gold paint left, LOL.

The shovel is heavy but worth it. that inertia helps it dig a bit deeper and works well at chopping roots. I used it as an axe to take down a little tree too, LOL.

STIHL GUY
04-16-2009, 10:01 PM
hopefully nobody tries stealing that pimp shovel

Kennedy Landscaping
04-16-2009, 10:28 PM
lol thats a neat shovel

93Chevy
04-17-2009, 12:08 AM
Lol, that really sets your tools apart. I like it. I might do that with my tools.

hvphotog
04-17-2009, 07:03 AM
Should make that the employee of the month award

Classified
04-17-2009, 08:44 PM
LOL He is my only employee so ill make it employee of the year, LOL