PDA

View Full Version : OOOOHH Do I love Vinyl!! Progress pics.....

Classified
04-09-2009, 07:57 PM
So a friend of mine owns a sign shop that he is closing down. He gave me the oppertunity to make whatever I want within one day.

I made out like a bandit!

I thank him greatly for what he did. Now next weekend I have to install a new lawn in his backyard :cool2:

Ill get to my favorite part fist. The back window!!

Its that perforated see through material

I have 2 of these made up.....

http://www.mobileaudioguy.com/photos/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=7836&g2_serialNumber=1

And then I got the following:

Logo in silver die cut x4
Phone # in silver x4
Logo in digital print x2
Logo in digital print on reflective vinyl x2
phone # in digital print x2
company name skewed in blue die cut (matched my truck color) x2
company name skewed in blue reflective (VERY VERY reflective) die cut x2
Some wording for the Chevy flatbed and bed of one of my pickups in green

Here is the pic

http://www.mobileaudioguy.com/photos/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=7841&g2_serialNumber=2

I wanted a few more things done but we ran out of time, oh well this is awesome as it is.

So now I need to clean the trucks and get to work. Ill post back the pics here

JosephLawnCare
04-09-2009, 08:19 PM
How big is his back yard?

jblawns123
04-09-2009, 08:21 PM
How big is his back yard?

Yea, hopefully its not that big, they look nice but it sounds like he is getting the deal here

Classified
04-09-2009, 08:27 PM
Well there is a lot of money there but for his yard he is paying for materials and I'm supplying labor and equipment. It's pretty even I stacked duplicates of logos there. That's why I mentioned how many of each copy I have.

Classified
04-10-2009, 04:23 PM
Some updates. The back window turned out awesome!

http://www.mobileaudioguy.com/photos/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=7844&g2_serialNumber=2

And the Chevy looks OK. Nothing amazing but its not done yet. still have to add a couple more things.

http://www.mobileaudioguy.com/photos/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=7847&g2_serialNumber=2

Coastal Lawn Maintenance
04-10-2009, 04:26 PM
i like how it turned out on the back glass. looks good

Ric3077
04-10-2009, 04:34 PM
What does the green 7 mean?

Classified
04-10-2009, 04:45 PM
What does the green 7 mean?

Nothing. Its not a 7. LOL

Its just a symbol, it does not represent anything but look kind of like a blade of grass and it also looks like a 1, sort of like our quality of work! LOL:cool2::weightlifter:

2brothersyardcare
04-10-2009, 07:05 PM
looks great i would have taken that deal in a heart beat

A-Land
04-10-2009, 07:21 PM
Is that an old brickman truck? That brown looks oddly familiar

oakwdman
04-10-2009, 08:25 PM
Very nice once again! I LOVE the back window of the ford. The lettering really ties in the colors on the dump too!

Classified
04-10-2009, 09:23 PM
Is that an old brickman truck? That brown looks oddly familiar

No brickman uses fords. I just painted the bed that color. It used to be green.

Classified
04-10-2009, 09:25 PM
Very nice once again! I LOVE the back window of the ford. The lettering really ties in the colors on the dump too!

Thanks! I can't wait to finish it. Hopefully tomorrow.

Kennedy Landscaping
04-11-2009, 06:01 AM
Looks like you made out good on the deal! I'd love to do something somewhat small on my truck but not sure yet....

Classified
04-11-2009, 11:21 AM
Thanks!

You shoud should do something. I have 3 trucks, but only use one at a time and I have people tell me all the time that they see my trucks "all over the place". Im not sure if its the catchy name or all the lettering on my trailer or what it is but its pretty cool since I live in a huge densly populated area and only use one truck at a time! It may not bring in a lot more new customers but it has brought some in but the biggest thing I notice is it brings comfort to thier decision to choose us over a company that does not have any lettering or markings on thier trucks.

TurnerLawnService
04-11-2009, 11:31 AM
Is your friend wanting to sell all of his graphic equipment? if so i might be interested

MileHigh
04-11-2009, 02:29 PM
You totally made out on that deal!!!

Those look sweet.

Now I really want some going on my trucks.

Classified
04-11-2009, 05:39 PM
Little more progress today.

http://www.mobileaudioguy.com/photos/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=7850&g2_serialNumber=2

http://www.mobileaudioguy.com/photos/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=7856&g2_serialNumber=2

http://www.mobileaudioguy.com/photos/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=7859&g2_serialNumber=2

Classified
04-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Is your friend wanting to sell all of his graphic equipment? if so i might be interested

Everything has been sorted out. I wanted to buy the plotter but its a huge one and too much money for me.

Classified
04-11-2009, 05:41 PM
Also, I just got a banner made up too. It will be for my shop if they let me put it up which I doubt. If not ill just hang it in the shop, lol.

Its 3ft tall by 10ft long!!

STIHL GUY
04-11-2009, 06:13 PM
that looks really good

DLAWNS
04-11-2009, 10:08 PM
The vinyl looks great. That is a pretty cool deal. Keep the pics comin'.

Classified
04-11-2009, 10:41 PM
Thanks will do!

As I am looking at the pictures it looks like it might be nice to add something on the rear doors. What, I am not sure.

oakwdman
04-11-2009, 11:15 PM
doug the lettering on your ford is AWESOME. I love love love it!!!

Kennedy Landscaping
04-12-2009, 12:51 AM
That Ford is all together awesome! Did you drill into your truck to mount them LEDs on the side !?!?

SSS 18734
04-12-2009, 02:23 AM
Wow, that looks great!

Classified
04-12-2009, 11:26 AM
doug the lettering on your ford is AWESOME. I love love love it!!!

Thanks again Colin!

That Ford is all together awesome! Did you drill into your truck to mount them LEDs on the side !?!?

Thanks! I did drill into the fender for the LEDs. Im going to replace them with something that is a bit thinner this summer.

Wow, that looks great!

Thanks!

tls22
04-15-2009, 06:17 PM
Doug that looks great....but i wonder if you started working yet:rolleyes:

Classified
04-16-2009, 08:23 PM
Yeah I started working. my back and legs and hands and neck and arms are killing me. Im way way out of shape! I did get a little sunburnt on my arms and face today though! I edhed the landscape beds at one job for 8.5 hours today. Glad to have that one checked off the list. Ill start mowing the week following next week unless the grass really starts getting long. No one is cutting here yet but im sure a lot will start mid next week or so.

tls22
04-16-2009, 08:36 PM
Yeah I started working. my back and legs and hands and neck and arms are killing me. Im way way out of shape! I did get a little sunburnt on my arms and face today though! I edhed the landscape beds at one job for 8.5 hours today. Glad to have that one checked off the list. Ill start mowing the week following next week unless the grass really starts getting long. No one is cutting here yet but im sure a lot will start mid next week or so.

Nice Doug...i will give u a call soon. This is my 2nd week of cutting...its growing good now. I got really burnt today......This was the first nice day in a while. Have a great season buddy:weightlifter:

Classified
04-16-2009, 08:50 PM
Thanks man. Yeah tomorrow im fetilizing all day. its supposed to be 70 on saturday and 60s next week and rain over the weekend. I think my lawns are going to grow fast and need cutting soon!

tls22
04-16-2009, 08:55 PM
Thanks man. Yeah tomorrow im fetilizing all day. its supposed to be 70 on saturday and 60s next week and rain over the weekend. I think my lawns are going to grow fast and need cutting soon!

Yeah buddy...im sure it will start popping soon. I talk to Eric and like you said no1 is cutting around there yet. I miss the snow already......i think im going to throw it down on a ez-v,,,,,the stainless one i will get

Classified
04-16-2009, 09:10 PM
Yeah everyone is taking advatage of the fact the grass is coming back pretty slow. Cleanups have been going strong for 2 weeks. I started this week. Im a tad behind but I got time, Ill just start cutting a week later, LOL.

tls22
04-16-2009, 09:18 PM
Yeah everyone is taking advatage of the fact the grass is coming back pretty slow. Cleanups have been going strong for 2 weeks. I started this week. Im a tad behind but I got time, Ill just start cutting a week later, LOL.

Nice Doug....its better this way. You can get all the clean-ups done...and then go right into mowing. I going to finish my last clean-up on saturday at that commercial property. Then going to start mulching every1:weightlifter:

Classified
04-16-2009, 09:39 PM
yeah mulch is far down the list. not looking foward to that.