PDA

View Full Version : Turf Teq Bed Edger

turfsolutions
04-09-2009, 10:34 PM
If you have one, how do you like. Pros Cons. Is it worth the $3600? Thanks.

JNyz
04-11-2009, 09:49 AM
I would say if you do over 600 yards of mulch in the spring it is worth the investment. The problem I run into is I charge 100.00/yard and the clients always say it only took you a couple of hours. I have to explain why we are faster then other contractors all the time.

turfsolutions
04-11-2009, 12:30 PM
I am glad to hear you are charging a decent rate. I charge 95 per yard and I cannot believe it when I hear guys charging 60-70 per yard including bed prep. How can you make any money that way?

I am somewhat suprised to see that no one else has this machine. I have seen it in action and it looks to be the best machine out there. That said, it starts at $3500 which is why not too many people own one. I would think the company would come in at a more comparable price to get their product out in the market. Then people would see how much better their unit is and it would dominate the market. As is, people are reluctant to spend that kind of cash for a bed edger, including myself. Still on the fence.

JNyz
04-11-2009, 12:39 PM
Are you solo? How much mulch do you do a year?

turfsolutions
04-11-2009, 04:05 PM
No, we do about 150 or so yards per season.

JNyz
04-11-2009, 04:10 PM
I don't think it would be worth it to you.

AA+ landscaping
04-11-2009, 04:47 PM
I got the turf teq sidewinder I paid $4200.00. I am solo do about 40to 60 yards a year. I saw it as a time saver you can do 1000ft. in about 30mins. So when you don't have much time anything helps. (note) you should look in to getting the turf teq's sidewinder you can do more with it. More attachment / blades you can get for it.

Trenchblade
04-11-2009, 04:58 PM
I am glad to hear you are charging a decent rate. I charge 95 per yard and I cannot believe it when I hear guys charging 60-70 per yard including bed prep. How can you make any money that way?

I am somewhat suprised to see that no one else has this machine. I have seen it in action and it looks to be the best machine out there. That said, it starts at $3500 which is why not too many people own one. I would think the company would come in at a more comparable price to get their product out in the market. Then people would see how much better their unit is and it would dominate the market. As is, people are reluctant to spend that kind of cash for a bed edger, including myself. Still on the fence.

check out the trenchblade, it may work out for you on some of your work

turfsolutions
04-11-2009, 06:33 PM
Thanks Trenchblade. I do know all the types of equipment out there and lets be fair and compare apples to apples here.

Back to the Turf Teq. Does the turf teq sidewinder have the same edging setup as the dedicated turf teq bed edging machine with the only major difference being that you can add additional attachments to the sidewinder? Thanks.

AA+ landscaping
04-11-2009, 08:24 PM
Last year I put in ep henry border edgestone. I got a 5 by 5 in. trencher blade for machine and could kept level with the ground. I use the pavers as a bed edge. It can also put on a grooming blade like the little wronder bed edger. Turf teq now calls it a multi-use power edger.I use a blown last year and didn 't like iT!! I think the turf teq is one of the best bed edgers out there!!! When I use the edger I go as slow as it will go makes it easyer to use/ control.

turfsolutions
04-11-2009, 11:21 PM
Do you know of any rental stores that I can rent one from. Seems like a good way to try it out for the day.

tlc28
04-12-2009, 08:08 AM
we have a local rental co. that has one. Last year worked out a deal with them for renting the machine. They rent it mostly on the weekend, asked them if they would be interested in special pricing. Came to a agreement with them for rental and worked out for both in the end. Have been looking for a used one by very hard to find.

AA+ landscaping
04-12-2009, 08:53 PM
Where do you live in pa.

turfsolutions
04-12-2009, 09:29 PM
About 10 min south of Philly right off I95.

AA+ landscaping
04-13-2009, 12:07 AM
I don't know of any rental places near you. I live 1hr 30mins North of you. Here are some pics of the edging that I did last week with the Turf Teq bed edger. Note: the bed in the picture with the tree and bed edger was never edged before.