etwman
04-09-2009, 09:39 PM
You don't say.....really? Where.;)

PlatinumLandCon
04-09-2009, 10:34 PM
Stunning!

Dreams To Designs
04-10-2009, 09:57 AM
Andrew, how long did the installation take and what was the difficulty level. They are nice looking units and would seem to make firepit construction easier and safer for the user.

Kirk

DVS Hardscaper
04-10-2009, 02:21 PM
I'd say it probably took 45 minutes.

Which is longer than I believe it would normally take. See, we installed this on an existing job, with no plan, just kinda did it as we went. So we installed the first course, then I decided I wanted to move it like 9 inches.

It's a cinch to install, just as easy as Lego's and Lincoln Logs. No Mitering, no sawing. No measuring (other than measuring needed to set it at the location desired) It should normally take 30 minutes, 40 at the most.

bigviclbi
04-10-2009, 11:42 PM
The caps they give you are so cheesy looking I would never use it. They need to come up with a precast two piece wetcat cap that will replace the existing ones. I am using muro caps on a job right now and really like them. The ONLY reason to use the kit would be the ease in setup. Just my opinion of course.

PatriotLandscape
04-11-2009, 06:43 PM
we put in a bunch of the cambridge version of these and currently building one out of unilock brussels dimensional system. they are about the best upsell i have ever had.

riverwalklandscaping
04-12-2009, 12:02 PM
do you,

have any pictures?

Dreams To Designs
04-13-2009, 09:45 AM
Andrew, thanks for the information. When something is well designed, properly and efficiently installed and work easily for the end user, sounds like a winner. All the firepits I have designed in the past had to be custom built and the time was a huge factor in cost. My first design with the Valencia kit is being installed this month as part of a display and I am looking forward to seeing a precision built firepit go in quickly and easily.

Kirk