PDA

View Full Version : groundskeeper software

hustlers
03-24-2002, 12:11 AM
Has anyone tried the Groundskeeper
Pro 2000 accounting program. I am thinking
about getting it for 350 dollars.
Heard anything good or bad about it?????????

nu83
03-24-2002, 12:30 AM
I tried it because it was so much cheaper than lawn monkey and clip. I like it very much, I havn't tried the others but i researched alot and they seem to be much more comprehensive. That said it suits my needs and saves me a ton of time. Get the trial program, it;s the regular version but it only lets you have 5 customers until you pay the $350.

PR0 TURF
03-24-2002, 01:20 AM
We just purchased the Groundskeeper Software in January. I wanted to get it in the winter so i could enter all of the customer info and get somewhat familiar with it before we started getting busy. I absolutely love the software. It is so user friendly and easy to understand. I can already tell it is going to save so much time and aggravation this season. I can't say enough about how much i like it.
However...everything has its cons...the "Estimates" portion of the software is much too confusing and in depth for my needs...and my biggest complaint about the software was the actual customer service. I had a simple question about something i couldn't figure out...i called the "tech line" and the guy basically barked at me and told me its all in the manual and was no help at all...not pleased with that. One other time i had a tech question...i called...left a message with my # and they said they'd call back...they never called back, luckily i got it all squared away on my own though. Besides the poor customer service i would highly reccommend the software...very affordable & easy to use.

Harvestman
03-24-2002, 03:46 AM
I've had it for about a year and a half. The invoices are nice. It is user friendly. My only real problem with it is it does not interface with quickbooks. Just for that reason alone I'm thinking of going to lawn monkey or qbexpress. So basically I run two sets of books, which makes me double enter all info in each program (real bummer). But you can't beat it for the money.

jrblawncare
03-24-2002, 05:33 AM
Got it in jan. & very pleased with it . I'am NOT a computer genesis....If I can run it you can !! That is strange to here about the cutomer service because I have had great support from them .One thing that is good to know..they are always looking for ways to improve the program and all updates are free.

Premo Services
03-24-2002, 10:37 AM
[Harvestman] I've had it for about a year and a half. The invoices are nice. It is user friendly. My only real problem with it is it does not interface with quickbooks. Just for that reason alone I'm thinking of going to lawn monkey or qbexpress. So basically I run two sets of books, which makes me double enter all info in each program (real bummer). But you can't beat it for the money.

I had that same problem. I was using my invoices,a simple program, and quicken for my business. I switched to quickbooks and didn`t want to double enter the info. So I went with qxpress. I am just getting it set up, but looks like this wil be the answer, the support on this product is second to none!!!!!:D I did not try the groundskeeper software.

OBRYANMAINT
03-24-2002, 12:05 PM
I have run the groundskeeper program for 4 or 5 years now and it works very well.I have had excellent customer service from them.Usually they are in or call back in a few hours.they are improving on the program slowly.I have had some data errors in the past and they went out of their way to help me correct the corruptions.

for the money it is a great starter program.....I am looking at others now because i want to "crunch" my numbers a bit more and want graphs and such, but will continue to use adkads product for some time to come

Genie
03-27-2002, 03:56 PM
I'm in desperate need of a software program for a lawn fertilizer company. It's March, and time to start spraying, and my old, supposedly customized program just crashed and the creator won't fix it without an $800 upgrade. (I think they purposely build in self-destruct mechanisms to extort more money from us.)

What is the cheapest, easiest, fastest to get running program that any of you are familiar with? I need something that will figure pricing based on square footage plus a truck stop, and just regular invoicing, etc.

PR0 TURF
03-27-2002, 04:03 PM
Genie,
The Groundskeeper software has a decent pseticide/herbicide section. I havent gotten into it much at all because we do not do that type of work...but the rest of the software is great...so chances are this could be decent. You can download a demo at www.adkad.com
Good Luck

eslawns
03-27-2002, 10:04 PM
My only real problem with it is it does not interface with quickbooks. Just for that reason alone I'm thinking of going to lawn monkey or qbexpress.

I've used CLIP for several years now. My version doesn't link to QB either. I use CLIP for all billing functions, basically it's an AR module. When I make deposits, I make a single entry in Peachtree's general ledger. Since I only make one deposit a day normally, it doesn't add a lot in the way of steps. If you like your current setup, you might want to try it this way. BTW, my first season with CLIP, I wanted to get rid of it for the same reason. I was entering a line item for each client in Peachtree for every debit and credit. Very time consuming, and unnecessary.

jettabug
03-28-2002, 09:16 PM
is there a trial down load on the internet. Where is this program available from?

Genie
03-28-2002, 09:59 PM
Jettabug: which program? Groundskeeper? Yes, you can download a demo program. I just did a search under lawn care software, and it got me to that site, and it was easy to download. I'm still trying to figure out if it does what I need.

Harvestman
03-31-2002, 07:18 AM
www.adkad.com

65hoss
03-31-2002, 09:16 AM
I have it and entered all data in several months ago. It seems to crash occasionally.

I guess the accountant in me started looking at that side of it and I realized I wasn't going to spend the extra time running both books. At least not right now. If things become unmanagable I may go back to it later in the season, but for now I can do what I need with Quickbooks.