PDA

View Full Version : hardscape contract

shade tree landscaping
04-11-2009, 04:31 PM
Does anyone have a copy of a hrdscape contract? I am in the process of re-writing my contract, and just want to see if I am leaving anything out.

Thanks in advance

DVS Hardscaper
04-11-2009, 09:07 PM
how bout we tackle it like this:

you post your current contract and we'll critique.

AllHardscaping
04-11-2009, 09:40 PM
Spend the extra dough and have your attorney write your contract. Just tell him what little extras you want built into it. It might cost a few hundred bucks up front but could save you big time down the road.

Where I'm from you must have a contract for any home improvement over $1000. You also have to provide the buyer a copy of the states brochure on hiring a home improvement type contractor. Make sure you are covering your tail in every way possible. You lawyer can also give you copies of these mandatory brochures.

LB1234
04-11-2009, 10:12 PM
Where I'm from you must have a contract for any home improvement over $1000. You also have to provide the buyer a copy of the states brochure on hiring a home improvement type contractor. Make sure you are covering your tail in every way possible. You lawyer can also give you copies of these mandatory brochures.

in jersey its any home improvement over 500. There is specific wording in a specific size font that must be displayed for the customer to read. Its apparently there to protect the homeowner.

As for the orginal post. Even if you do what DVS is suggesting, I highly advise you to still visit your own attorney for final review and the added verbiage they do. Well worth the few hundred bucks it may cost you.

DVS Hardscaper
04-11-2009, 11:30 PM
a hardscape proposal has two ingredients.

1) it needs to be very descriptive in terms of the work that is being proposed. This is something that most attorneys can not be a part of. You need to spell out who what where when why how. I do this is narrative form on our proposals. What will the steps be constructed out of? How deep will you excavate? How many inches will the base be? What will comprise the paver field? the border? What will be used to make retaining walls? How will the walls be constructed? Who will perform the turf restoration? Who's responsibility is the watering and maintenance of the new grass seed?

2) The legal stuff. Payment terms. Warranty. Property Damage (existing driveways, existing plants, etc). Yadda Yadda Yadda. For us, the legal stuff is on the back of our proposal in like size 8 font and consumes the entire sheet.

This past summer I shared our wonderful hardscape proposal on another board and Diva Moderator Feulmur got mad because he thought I should change everything to his liking. LOL Now that's being a good sport! Because he is "man enough to admit when he is wrong"!! I mean, if he got so bent out of shape over someone's proposal, can you imagine how he treats his wife if she doesn't have his dinner ready?

LB1234
04-12-2009, 12:41 AM
This past summer I shared our wonderful hardscape proposal on another board and Diva Moderator Feulmur got mad because he thought I should change everything to his liking. LOL Now that's being a good sport! Because he is "man enough to admit when he is wrong"!! I mean, if he got so bent out of shape over someone's proposal, can you imagine how he treats his wife if she doesn't have his dinner ready? .

And what exactly does that have to do with the price of oranges in Florida?

Mid-Ohio Scaper
04-12-2009, 01:14 AM
a hardscape proposal has two ingredients.

1) it needs to be very descriptive in terms of the work that is being proposed. This is something that most attorneys can not be a part of. You need to spell out who what where when why how. I do this is narrative form on our proposals. What will the steps be constructed out of? How deep will you excavate? How many inches will the base be? What will comprise the paver field? the border? What will be used to make retaining walls? How will the walls be constructed? Who will perform the turf restoration? Who's responsibility is the watering and maintenance of the new grass seed?

2) The legal stuff. Payment terms. Warranty. Property Damage (existing driveways, existing plants, etc). Yadda Yadda Yadda. For us, the legal stuff is on the back of our proposal in like size 8 font and consumes the entire sheet.

This past summer I shared our wonderful hardscape proposal on another board and Diva Moderator Feulmur got mad because he thought I should change everything to his liking. LOL Now that's being a good sport! Because he is "man enough to admit when he is wrong"!! I mean, if he got so bent out of shape over someone's proposal, can you imagine how he treats his wife if she doesn't have his dinner ready?

I like this guy, he reminds me of me.

shade tree landscaping
04-12-2009, 09:33 AM
DVS I'll send you a copy of it, but Im not posting mine, nor was I asking anyone to post theirs.

I am going to have my lawyer write the actual contract, but I am going to present him with a rough draft so to speak.

Al, The A in A&E TK
04-16-2009, 12:19 AM
Save money on your lawyers like I do guys, I get contract reviews from top attorney's cheap and a discounted rate if I ever have to go to court for my biz or my family, even like a speeding ticket, and check it out at www.prepaidlegal.com/biz/a_roper