PDA

View Full Version : Sand washing out of patio on back corner

qualitycut
04-13-2009, 01:59 PM
I got a call today about a patio that has some of the sand washing out there is a boulder wall in front of it about 2 feet high. There is a small section where the sand washed out from under patio about 2 feet by 2 feet. Any ideas on how to fix the problem after I repair it? I can see fabric behind some of the areas so if I dig behind the wall and refabric it will that work? Thanks.

jg244888
04-13-2009, 04:15 PM
you have to start by solving the problem of where the waters comming from in the first place.

qualitycut
04-13-2009, 04:48 PM
I miss worded it i am going to fix it first but I am asking if I put fabric in the area where its washing out will that do that job, it looks as it will but just want some more Ideas.

Mid-Ohio Scaper
04-14-2009, 12:39 AM
Don't use sand.

qualitycut
04-14-2009, 02:47 PM
Any suggestions please.

JDavisLandscapes
04-14-2009, 03:07 PM
polymeric sand and drainage

qualitycut
04-14-2009, 03:25 PM
polymeric sand and drainage

Do you think raising the fabric up will help because some of the dirt washed away and the sand followed suit. I only need to take up a little section of the patio and can get the fabric between there.

JDavisLandscapes
04-14-2009, 08:20 PM
Do you think raising the fabric up will help because some of the dirt washed away and the sand followed suit. I only need to take up a little section of the patio and can get the fabric between there.

I am having a hard time exactly what the job looks like. Are you talking about raising the geogrid fabric behind the wall? I think you should add some type of drainage behind the wall if possible, like a perforated pipe with clean stone behind it to redirect the water from behind the wall. Then I would relay the damaged pavers and use polymeric sand in between the joints to stop this happening again in the future

If I'm not picturing the job correctly I apoligize