PDA

View Full Version : i'm cuttin out the middle man

Maximuslion
04-13-2009, 04:02 PM
i need a smaller trailer for my solo operation. I can't find exactly what i'm looking for on craigslist so i've decided to buy direct and cut out the dealers. Does anyone know of a trailer mfg in texas that will sell direct. I've already called Trailer Masters and they won't sell. They want me to go through their dealer.

seabee1
04-13-2009, 04:50 PM
http://www.trailersdirect.com/bigtex.shtml here's one

4.3mudder
04-13-2009, 05:59 PM
i need a smaller trailer for my solo operation. I can't find exactly what i'm looking for on craigslist so i've decided to buy direct and cut out the dealers. Does anyone know of a trailer mfg in texas that will sell direct. I've already called Trailer Masters and they won't sell. They want me to go through their dealer.

I would keep looking on craigslist, their bound to have something come up that you will like, and plus a whole lot cheaper too than going new.

sslopok
04-13-2009, 06:52 PM
I just bought a new 6x12 enclosed. The used ones were not much cheaper than new. Look on ebay and they have options to pick up directly from the dealers.
sslopok

MileHigh
04-14-2009, 01:25 AM
traylorcotrailers.com

AdvancedLawns
04-14-2009, 01:33 PM
have you looked in surrounding areas on craigslist? I always find something within 40-60 miles away

AdvancedLawns
04-14-2009, 01:35 PM
http://houston.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=trailer

hencutter
04-17-2009, 03:25 PM
Since you are in Houston,check 'Southeast Texas.com" Most items will be in the Beaumont/Port Arthur area,but not too far from Houston to save some money. Always some trailers on there.

poolboy
04-18-2009, 05:33 PM
I bought a 6 month old 5 X 8 enclosed trailer on craigslist for $700 cash. It sells new for around 2K, but the guys was desperate for money. It's been in my garage collecting dust ever since.

stroker51
04-28-2009, 12:37 AM
These guys are out of Kansas, but Eagle Trailers, www.usatrailers.com, builds a great trailer, a little pricey, but well worth it imo. I dont know if they ship to any dealers down your way, but they are the manufacturer and sell direct to the public and to dealers.

bobbyr
05-05-2009, 12:42 PM
most generally all trailer manufactures use a dealer network for the custimers benifit that way if you have a problem you have someone you know and trust to make the repairs close to home and most dealers are not looking to put their kids threw collage with each trailer sale they are more than fair with their pricing because they need you as a custimer and want you to come back the next time you need some thing they have to offer and most of the time if you tell your local dealer what you are wanting to spend if they do not have something in stock they will try to locate one for you from otheir dealers so on a new trailer purchase i would not conceder your dealer your middle man i would conceder him you freind because his lively hood depends on you the custimer and he knows that if you do 1 person wrong or sell them a junk trailer that you will go out of your way to tell people not to use him and if he sells you a good trailer you will come back to him the next time but on average people don't go out of their way to tell people wear they bought it. also think of him as quality control remember good dealers do not want junk on their lots it's bad for buissness that's just my thought on the middle man

Jay Walls
05-06-2009, 04:39 PM
As was previously mentioned, used trailers that are worth anything sell privately for close to new. Guys that make good buys usually get lucky. They happen to see the trailer with a for sale on it and buy it on the spot.

I have seen my share of trailers that looked good but close inspection turns up issues not worth repairing without a better price. The seller knows that someone else will come by that won't know better and he will get his price.

By the way, trailer dealers don't make the kind of money car dealers make. Cutting out the middle man might save you $200 but you will have to be willing to roll the dice and hope a warranty issue does not spring up.

bobbyr
05-06-2009, 04:45 PM
good point