PDA

View Full Version : Hydrostatic pressure part 2

STL Ponds and Waterfalls
04-13-2009, 04:09 PM
I'm building my own personal pond at the moment. Well,trying to between working and the rain. Anyway I keep getting water under my liner and I'm worried about it putting to much pressure on the liner and tearing the bottom of the liner. I say this because the rock we use around here is pretty jagged and some what sharp for epdm liner. This is a new problem as I stated in another thread. If I run a pipe under the liner and exhaust above grade will the pressure force it out or will I need to pump it out since it will be going uphill?

Fishwhiz
06-02-2009, 04:04 AM
You will have to either pump or use sufficient ballast, or pop in a dry well if you can get below the heacy soil it sounds like you have. I assume this problem is only seasonal since you wouldn't need a liner if you had permanent head pressure.

STL Ponds and Waterfalls
06-03-2009, 11:30 AM
I dug in a drain exiting the water from the skimmer area. It worked out for the best since I have gravel all around the skimmer keeping it from pressure caving etc. Yep, it's a spring rain deal plus my patio runoff doesn't help.