PDA

View Full Version : To those with Fast straps

nbuzz
04-13-2009, 11:44 PM
I have a question about the the fastrap tie downs. I've looked into them and it between these and a prolocker. my question is, since I've searched everywhere... is:

Can the straps come off but the brackets stay on?

since this is my only trailer to haul my equipment and clippings. the straps look like they'd be the biggest pain in the #$% to work with if your trailer isn't solely for your mowers.

any help is great. thanks guys

flykelley
04-14-2009, 11:44 AM
I have a question about the the fastrap tie downs. I've looked into them and it between these and a prolocker. my question is, since I've searched everywhere... is:

Can the straps come off but the brackets stay on?

since this is my only trailer to haul my equipment and clippings. the straps look like they'd be the biggest pain in the #$% to work with if your trailer isn't solely for your mowers.

any help is great. thanks guysHi Nbuzz
I have them on my trailer and they are easy to use. I just loosen the straps and pull them off the tires, I do not undo them all they way. You can take the straps off and the brackets stay bolted to the floor if you need to use the trailer some other way. Would I buy them again, yes I would.

Regards Mike

nbuzz
04-14-2009, 01:11 PM
Thanks Mike! thats what I wanted to hear. I just didnt wanna fight with them if I had mulch or leaves on the trailer, b/c I don't think I could handle getting the rakes and shovels stuck on them all the time.

Supper Grassy
04-14-2009, 05:39 PM
i take the straps off when i am not using them so that they dont get damaged

scagtiger
04-14-2009, 05:53 PM
we have fast straps on our trailers and on our isuzu and love em.. my guys say they are the easiest to use and never have any problems with them

nbuzz
04-14-2009, 11:53 PM
thanks for the input guys. I did here that the straps are a pain to thread back onto the brackets if you take them off... any of this true?

igotdiesel2
04-15-2009, 12:10 AM
The straps can be a pain, but when you do them a time of 2 they get easy. I welded nuts onto a steel plate and screwed that plate to the underside of my trailer so I can impact wrench off my fastraps, brackets and all on and off when needed. -Jason

Supper Grassy
04-15-2009, 12:13 AM
its not too hard to re thread them though, if you plan to haul stuff like much where out went to shovel off the trailer deck the brackets can get in the way, if you can get under your trailer i would use a bolt with a removable nut of somekind instead of screws to attach them

nbuzz
04-15-2009, 12:44 PM
I like your guys thinking. the plates attached to the underside of the trailer is frickin sweet!! I'll just have to have a buddy of mine weld them up for me.

js.lawn
04-15-2009, 01:07 PM
that's how i have mine set up with a plate that it screwed on the bottom of trailer and nuts welded to the plate work out very smooth compared the the pro lockers witch tear up Ur front caster wheels and the mower still moves around from bouncing

Supper Grassy
04-15-2009, 01:29 PM
can you post of pics of the plate i'll have to make a set for my self

nbuzz
04-15-2009, 08:21 PM
js.lawn did you try the pro lockers out? Im still contemplating between the two.

another question; do the front end on your walk behinds tilt up or bounce off the deck with the mower only hooked in with the fastraps?

js.lawn
04-15-2009, 08:46 PM
js.lawn did you try the pro lockers out? Im still contemplating between the two.

another question; do the front end on your walk behinds tilt up or bounce off the deck with the mower only hooked in with the fastraps?

no my brother has them and wishes he never bought them now they just sit on the shelf after repairing his front casters

now for the other question is no they do not never had a problem

nbuzz
04-15-2009, 09:02 PM
thanks man, i think im going with the fastraps.

michaelee2
04-16-2009, 03:27 AM
How did he tear up his front casters with a prolocker. Reason I ask is because I just started using one a few weeks ago and really like it but will get fastraps if it gonna mess up my casters. Don't really see how it would but let me know.

nbuzz
04-17-2009, 12:06 AM
+1 on that, I'm curious as to how bad they were. but I think Im gonna try one of each.

js.lawn
04-17-2009, 10:30 AM
OK think about it when your going down the road and its rough the only thing holding the mower down or in place is the prolocker you have a machine that weighs 300 to 4 pounds what take the beating the caster wheel correct . the machine itself will bounce around and in time you well have to replace or re weld something .my brother had to re weld the caster wheel support where its welded to the bearing where the caster wheel shaft goes up into for the ajustment on his scag with faststraps it holds the main wheel's and does not bounce around they don't move at all

igotdiesel2
04-17-2009, 08:23 PM
When I was researching how to strap my WB to the trailer I came across this thread PROLOCKER OOPS.? (http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=160498&highlight=prolockers) -Jason

mitw44
04-29-2009, 10:42 PM
I just installed fastraps for my Gravely 48XDZ. Wow, do they ever make it quick and easy, not to mention, secure, in fastening my mower down. The tire acts a shock absorber for the rest of the mower when going down the road. I think the straps are easy to re-thread into the brackets. I use my pocket knife to coax the strap back through the holes.:weightlifter:

locallawncare.ca
08-05-2013, 07:57 PM
I like the plate idea a lot, I too use my trailer for mowing and then mulch/soil, etc. The straps get in the way for sure, and if you are shoveling out of the trailer you will hit the brackets repeatedly, I will have to have a plate made up. One question with the plate do you have 6 bolts for each bracket or maybe just 4 since they are bolts and not screws? Also 1 plate per bracket or 1 large plate to span both? I like this idea a lot because the plate will never pull through the floor where as the screws might, I would think to also make the bolts/nuts big enough so dirt doesn't always get stuck in the holes but falls through, not on a new wooden floor but an older one might. Thanks.

Bumpmaster
08-05-2013, 08:06 PM
Just got Faststraps put on the trailer this weekend. So far A+. :terribletowel:

RussellB
08-05-2013, 08:13 PM
I've had the for a couple years. Still an A++

Bumpmaster
08-05-2013, 08:18 PM
Yep they get rid of the trampoline effect on the trailer.

DQL10
08-05-2013, 09:41 PM
Ive got the fastraps on my trailer and I just build wooden shoe boxes with "L" brakcets to screw into the floor to cover the strap and wheel chalks when using the trailer for other things.

locallawncare.ca
08-05-2013, 09:51 PM
That is another option I was thinking about, lol. Funny that you mentioned it.

DQL10
08-05-2013, 10:17 PM
That is another option I was thinking about, lol. Funny that you mentioned it.

Works well for us. And it's fairly quick and easy to switch out.

Rick13
08-06-2013, 12:09 AM
Any pictures????