PDA

View Full Version : Who do you guys insure with?

Geo2199
04-14-2009, 01:39 PM
Was just wanted to ask who do you guys insure with? How much do u pay a year for coverage? and in dollar amounts how much liability coverage are you covered up to for (like a million dollars or so)?

yardatwork
04-14-2009, 01:42 PM
I go through Nationwide and pay $450 a year for liability...2 million personal injury and 1 million property damage.

BadRancher
04-14-2009, 01:50 PM
I go through nationwide also. mine is 530 anually.

Runner
04-14-2009, 03:22 PM
We are through Allied.

Geo2199
04-14-2009, 04:20 PM
We are through Allied.

how much do u pay for a year?

lilweeds
04-14-2009, 10:18 PM
www.farmfamily.com

Total for auto (3 vehicles) GL 2mil, inland marine 12k, and a 1 mil umbrella comes in around $3200 IIRC. i could look it up, but nest bet is to get some quotes.

dg37615
04-15-2009, 07:25 AM
Nationwide. Best deal in this area for my operation.

keepinitgreenpa
04-15-2009, 07:45 AM
I use selective insurance

$1284 1 Mil GL
$4336 Workmen's Comp

Both of those numbers are based on a 49k payroll

TJLANDS
04-15-2009, 10:18 AM
I use selective insurance

$1284 1 Mil GL
$4336 Workmen's Comp

Both of those numbers are based on a 49k payroll

Do yourself a favor and dump Selective. Give Farm Family a call.

Unless of course you want to spend twice as much money from a poorly rated insurer(selective) to get less coverage.

You can thank me later.

keepinitgreenpa
04-15-2009, 10:27 AM
I'm all about saving money so i'll be sure to check that out. That would rock my socks if I didn't have to pay 5k a year just to stay in business.

vacamper
04-15-2009, 01:02 PM

Unless of course you want to spend twice as much money from a poorly rated insurer(selective) to get less coverage.

You can thank me later.

AM Best has Selective, Farm Family, and Nationwide all rated as A+.

I agree though. You should have your agent get more quotes and review your wc class.

LB1234
04-15-2009, 10:22 PM

You can thank me later.

Where is your info coming from that Selective is poorly rated?

That is who I have for my GL and inland marine coverage. Expensive, yes but they are a good company. In 6 or so years with them I've had two claims. Thought they handles the claims very well.

TJLANDS
04-16-2009, 09:21 AM
Where is your info coming from that Selective is poorly rated?

That is who I have for my GL and inland marine coverage. Expensive, yes but they are a good company. In 6 or so years with them I've had two claims. Thought they handles the claims very well.

I used selective for 15+ years. When I swicthed to Farm Family Ins I recieved better coverage for almost 50% less. If you have Selective you are getting hammered, trust me. Call for a quote, the call is free. Ask for landscaping referances with claims(just what i did)

As you can guess I am pissed(at selective and my previous broker), I am saving well over 1000. a month.

Thank me later.

March 17, 2009 03:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time
Fitch Affirms Selective Insurance's Ratings; Outlook Revised to Negative
CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Fitch Ratings affirms Selective Insurance Group, Inc.'s (Selective) ratings as follows:

--Issuer Default Rating (IDR) at 'A-';

--Senior debt at 'BBB+';

--Junior subordinated debt at 'BBB'.

Fitch has also affirmed the 'A+' Insurer Financial Strength (IFS) ratings of the members of the Selective intercompany pool. (A full list of ratings follows at the end of this release.) The Rating Outlook has been revised to Negative from Stable.

The affirmation of Selective's ratings reflects the company's disciplined underwriting culture, conservative balance sheet, strong independent agency relationships, and improved diversification through continued efforts to reduce its concentration in New Jersey.

The Negative Outlook primarily reflects deterioration of Selective's recent underwriting performance on an absolute basis and relative to its rating category. To a lesser extent, the Negative Outlook also reflects Fitch's concern about further declines in Selective's capitalization tied to investment losses.

Fordsuvparts
04-16-2009, 10:17 AM
We have a 10 million dollar policy Through Wells Fargo, We had to find a company that could provide all of our insurance needs and still be reasonable. Our state and federal jobs require up to 5 million with an umbrella of up to 10 million. We do mostly very large commercial, state and Federal Work for the military. Westfield is the actual Insurance Carrier. They cover everything the business owns ( property trucks tools ) including up 100k on rental equipment. they provide all of our performance bonds as well they also do our Workman's comp and general liability and equipment and vehicles. So far they have proven to be a very good company to work with.

Linder'sLawnCare
04-19-2009, 01:14 AM
I am looking for Insurance too. I just want liability. I have looked into Farm Family. How much per month on average do y'all pay for that? I do not need workmen's comp.

LB1234
04-19-2009, 08:24 AM
I

Thank me later.

Thanks TJLANDS:waving:

VBsnow
06-26-2009, 10:15 PM
Keepinitgreen offered the only valid reply. He showed his payroll amounts w/ the quote. However, how much of that is the owner? Is the owner charged on a set amount? Sole prop or corp. But you know what?

NONE OF THIS MATTERS BECAUSE YOU CANNOT COMPARE COVERAGE AND PRICES ACROSS STATELINES.

I live on the border of NC/VA and the price jumps by walking over an imaginary line.

VBsnow
06-27-2009, 10:25 AM
" When I swicthed to Farm Family Ins I recieved better coverage for almost 50% less. "

How is your coverage better? Exactly? How much do additional insureds cost you?

I personally do not work for Selective but this description is invalid. Besides, AM Best is not the best measure of a companies financial strength.

Southscapes03
06-28-2009, 05:45 PM
I am a one man show, so I have no need for workers comp, but I do carry a 2mil GL policy through The Hartford. It has been consistant at $715 annually with no claims. This covers just my GL business nothing personal and nothing on the equipment itself. Just my $0.02

TJLANDS
06-28-2009, 08:43 PM
" When I swicthed to Farm Family Ins I recieved better coverage for almost 50% less. "

How is your coverage better? Exactly? How much do additional insureds cost you?

I personally do not work for Selective but this description is invalid. Besides, AM Best is not the best measure of a companies financial strength.

Ok Exactly,
Went from 1 mil with a 1mil umbrella G/L
500,000 liabilty Auto (9 trucks 4 Trailers) 500 ded
Snow Plowing/ and Pesticides to
2mil with 2 mil umbrella G/L
1 mil Auto 9 trucks 4 trailers (500 ded)
Same coverage Snow and Pest

Both Based on Payroll ect.. Farm Families rate are 45% less.

My Description is not invalid,
All Certs and "additonal insured" BS issued to all com clients and no
not one extra charge

Nice attitude, You obviously do not work for Selective or you would know I am teling the truth.
But you are Insurance Agent....