PDA

View Full Version : Marketing advise

DitchDr
04-14-2009, 04:17 PM
Ok I did a search and did not come up with anything that answered my question.

Anyhow, I run a small Mowing company( will get into full landscaping next year or 2) and I use flyers as my marketing tools. I have done this in over 5 neighborhoods with out a problem. The flyer is pretty simple. Takes up half a page of printer paper. I stick them behind the flag on a customers mail boxes. Like I said have yet to have a problem with it until yesterday. I get a phone call from the post office. Seems I am not allowed to put them on or in side the mail box and or mail box post. my only other option ( very time consuming) is to go door to door on my feet and knock or place them on the door if no one answers.

My question is, is the post office correct? Or does some grumpy old fart who really has nothing better to do making trouble? I have the name and phone number of the person I talked to at the post office. I have tried finding some kind of law/rule/ or what have you that says I am not allowed to place them on the mail box. Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Matt

TexasFire221
04-14-2009, 04:39 PM
I believe he is correct. Im pretty sure you can put them in the newspaper boxes. Going door to door is your best option, and yes its time consuming, but if you want business buck up and do it. Check with your city on rules though. Use door hangers!

DitchDr
04-14-2009, 04:43 PM
Kind of what I figured.. Looks like I will be dropping some coin at Vista print today as well as Uline for some bags.

TexasFire221
04-14-2009, 04:46 PM
Vista print stuff looks kinda cheap. Go visit www.plan-itgraphics.com. They have some nice looking stuff.

IN2MOWN
04-14-2009, 05:21 PM
yes thats correct. dont attach anything to the mailbox...at all...

Elite Outdoor
04-14-2009, 06:33 PM
Use Plan-it graphics, they have great looking stuff.

GravelyGuy
04-14-2009, 07:16 PM
You can't touch anything, not the box, not the post, not the flag, not the flower pot attached to the post, not the vining plant wrapped around the post, not the dirt around the post, etc. etc.

I got fined a little while back and I won't be touching a mailbox ever again. We had done it for years up to that point.

DuallyVette
04-14-2009, 07:42 PM
My Newspaper box is part of my mailbox post. Many mailboxes have paper boxes attached. I've never heard of any problems. The carrier can be a personal pia though.