PDA

View Full Version : Snapper power plugger Aerator

turfinator
03-25-2002, 02:03 AM
I have an opportunity to pick up a used Snapper Power Plugger aerator for $800 canadian and wonder how similiar it is to the Plugr. I was told it is cam driven but seeing that its a discontinued unit for Snapper I wonder how good they were. Unfortunately its bloody cold here and we still have alot of snow, so Im unable to actually test it myself. It has a Briggs 5hp IC motor on it. Any comments would be very helpful. Thanks

RoyaleRcr
03-25-2002, 07:52 AM
Just sold one! Not a very good machine. I have been aerating yards since 1994 with Ryan machines. Had a chance like yours a couple years ago. The lawns I did with it did not repeat as customers. I inquired and they said they didn't like the job I did with my new machine. The holes are very shallow, very few cores, spacing too far apart, ect...... Needless to say, it is gone and I bought another Ryan. If you have a small budget, I would put your $800.00 in a used Ryan or like machine. Try rental shops. Also this machine will NOT climb a hill. Good Luck.

sdwally
03-25-2002, 09:04 AM
If it is the unit I'm think it is, you need to shorten the linkage bar in the rear by 1". This rectifies the problem with depth/penatration.

accuratelawn
03-25-2002, 06:03 PM
I used that machine one time. Poor results and slow.

MWHC
03-25-2002, 06:38 PM
I have owned this machine. It's junk. There are a lot better machines out there than that one. If you buy it, try to sell it to your competition asap.

turfinator
03-25-2002, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the comments on the Snapper. I guess I'll stay away from it. Just out of curiousity does operate the same way the Plugr does. I ask because Ive been hearing alot of positive feedback about that particular unit.