PDA

View Full Version : where and what?

mowisme
04-15-2009, 11:16 AM
I have been on phone and searching but can't get a answer..I've been mowing 2 years- small and solo (and claimed every penny on taxes) but need to get a license of some sort. I'm in Wisconsin. I'm confused on what license and where to apply? Is it a 'Landscape/artitech' or do I get 'small buisness' or what exackly is it called? and who do I contact to get application? I know other permits are needed for pesticides,ect..but don't do anything but mow grass- maybe some mulching down the road. I want to be 100% right, so where and what for WI? Thanks

Craig3
04-15-2009, 11:41 AM
I have been on phone and searching but can't get a answer..I've been mowing 2 years- small and solo (and claimed every penny on taxes) but need to get a license of some sort. I'm in Wisconsin. I'm confused on what license and where to apply? Is it a 'Landscape/artitech' or do I get 'small buisness' or what exackly is it called? and who do I contact to get application? I know other permits are needed for pesticides,ect..but don't do anything but mow grass- maybe some mulching down the road. I want to be 100% right, so where and what for WI? Thanks

I just picked up an application for a business license from the City, you might contact them or your chamber of commerce and they could answer some of those questions. Or a CPA?

Littleriver1
04-15-2009, 02:09 PM
Try going to the State and Fed web sites. I did every thing on line. http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/index.html

Employer ID Numbers (EINs)

There are companys out there that want you to pay them to set you up but to me it's rip off. There is a link on the fed site to the state sites. It gets tiresum going through and reading it but it's worth it. You'll jump through all the hoops in about an hour.

Craig3
04-15-2009, 07:43 PM
Try going to the State and Fed web sites. I did every thing on line. http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/index.html

Employer ID Numbers (EINs)

There are companys out there that want you to pay them to set you up but to me it's rip off. There is a link on the fed site to the state sites. It gets tiresum going through and reading it but it's worth it. You'll jump through all the hoops in about an hour.

I spent $300 each for 3 LLCs recently and I don't see it as a rip-off at all.
Pay a good Attorney and a good CPA to take care of taxes and issues like these, better than big fines b/c you screwed something up.

Littleriver1
04-15-2009, 09:12 PM
I spent $300 each for 3 LLCs recently and I don't see it as a rip-off at all.
Pay a good Attorney and a good CPA to take care of taxes and issues like these, better than big fines b/c you screwed something up.

Hes not talking about any LLC. He wants to know what taxes he needs to pay and where to send all his money. He needs to know if he should be a Sole Proprietor or LLC and reading up on all that will help him. Personaly I think spending $300 to set up an LLC is a bit much, but thats just me.

Craig3
04-16-2009, 04:19 PM
Hes not talking about any LLC. He wants to know what taxes he needs to pay and where to send all his money. He needs to know if he should be a Sole Proprietor or LLC and reading up on all that will help him. Personaly I think spending $300 to set up an LLC is a bit much, but that's just me.
All Im saying is that a CPA and/or attorney is a good route to go b/c they will know what he needs to know. They will be able to recommend the best route for his business to go and if, for example, he should set up as an LLC and elect to be an S corporation. Plus since time=money and its mowing season now he could waste time messing with it or hire a professional to take care of it while he out making money.

I read "Rich dad, Poor dad" and something he pointed out is that you should pay professionals to do things like that for you. You'll make a yard look better than the Jr. High kid using the WalMart special mower, right? Professional normally= better results.
Plus its a TAX WRITE OFF.