PDA

View Full Version : Help Wanted Ads

snospark
03-25-2002, 09:54 AM
Sparkle Lake :) Hi, this is the first time we have posted a question but we have read and learned a lot from all of you. My husband and I have a Landscape business, my husband being in this for over 15 years. We have run into some serious labor problems this season and are getting ready to put a "help wanted" ad in the newspaper. Anyone with suggestions on employee issues, hiring, screening, etc.?? We have not had to go out looking for employees for YEARS! :alien:
Anyone know about drug testing? Anyway, thanks for any advice that's offered and best wishes for the coming season.
Sincerely,
Mrs. Landscaper:blob3:

HBFOXJr
03-25-2002, 09:57 AM
I stink at advertising. I use some test tools from Wonderlic (http://www.wonderlic.com) which have seemed to help in my choices.

stslawncare
03-25-2002, 10:29 AM
put together a list of questions to ask when interviewing, questions that will lead to other good questions and conversation, get to know how he will handle situations and the way he thinks, i think there may have been a thread on good questions to ask, do a search and check, i remember a good list out there. as for drug testing contact ur local police dept, they might have info, also maybe check ur local fire dept, many require a drug test. also a backround check might be a good idea.

snospark
03-25-2002, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the input, I was just telling my husband this morning, while we were putting together our help wanted ad that it would be a good idea to have a more detailed list of hiring criteria available when prospects call and the idea of questions and possible situations they'll encounter has been discussed too. :)