PDA

View Full Version : Well here I go...

The Lawnsharks
04-15-2009, 07:10 PM
I'm off to try and get this crazy idea I've been tossing around started. Lawnsharks will officially be opening this season, more from necessity than anything else, but that's another story.

I have a 48" exmark lazer z, a couple 21in pushers, crafstman straight trimmers, couple chainsaws in different sizes, and some other tools. Will be buying a blower stat.

Im sure I will have tons of questions for you, and hope you will be willing to share your experience with me. My two week old daughter really needs me to get this off the ground, or in the grass as it were.:waving:

Maximuslion
04-15-2009, 08:54 PM
let me be the first to tell you ...... someone is gonna say you can't do this because you have no insurance. Then someone is gonna say you can't do this because you have no license. Next is you have no "profesional" experience.

don't let them keep you down. Those two week old little eyes that look back at you believe you can do anything.

Welcome !!!

I wish you well.

lawnmowing guy
04-15-2009, 10:00 PM
I'm off to try and get this crazy idea I've been tossing around started. Lawnsharks will officially be opening this season, more from necessity than anything else, but that's another story.

I'm just starting out too mowing very small lawns. Not as much from necessity though, more from this is something I've always wanted to do. I wish us both luck.

That being said, you should look into general liability and business property insurance. I have it in New Jersey (the home of outrageous premiums) and it's not that bad. It's certainly cheaper than having to shell out of pocket the cost of a new sliding door window or worse.

The Lawnsharks
04-15-2009, 10:02 PM
Oh don't get me wrong. I have full intentions of getting my license and insurance. Ill be calling the courthouse tomorrow. I do have a question though. Is getting a DBA as good or take the place of getting a LLC?

I did just acquire my first property though. True its a family member, but they are good for it. 300 a month from them. Its a 4.5 acre cut, and edge job. That will most likely be my only job, until my license and insurance are taken care of.

Thanks for the welcome.

DLAWNS
04-16-2009, 02:12 AM
Welcome to the site and good luck this season.