PDA

View Full Version : Got a Shrub job and need some advice.

Christian Brothers
04-15-2009, 09:43 PM
I have 14 Shrubs, all about 3-4' X 3-4', 15+ years old, various boxwood and holly. i'v already quoted the job at 500 dollars. i figured my brother and i would dig around each one, cut the roots with the chainsaw and pull em up one by one. i figured it at an all day job. does anybody have something different. my brother and i are in business together and we split everything 50/50. are we planning to do this the wrong way? does anyone have anything easier with the same rate charged? by the way, we can't tear up the yard, the house sits to far away from the street not to mention a busy neighborhood so using a truck and pulling them up is out of the question. i'm all ears.

WalkerMike98
04-15-2009, 09:47 PM
Chainsaw first, then use stump grinder. Should be a 2-3 hour job at max.

Lawnworks
04-16-2009, 12:07 AM
Do it your way. You should be profitable. I can't see it taking more than a few hours. I would have used a dingo or a skid, but I own them.

Stump grinding is the poor's man way. I prefer to pull all of the roots out and be done with it. I guess if you stump grinded, and ground out ALL of the roots, then remove all of the chips that would work just as well. But pulling them out would probably be faster with less clean-up.

Christian Brothers
04-16-2009, 09:33 AM
i agree. thanx.

EVM
04-16-2009, 09:11 PM
Cut them down with a chain saw then hit em up with the pick axe, good pick axes too.
Leave some of the shrub to push on during the axe process. Don't worry about getting all the roots, just get the shrub core out of the ground. Add another $150-200 to haul away debris.