PDA

View Full Version : Senior citizen discounts?

FrankenScagMachines
03-25-2002, 12:59 PM
Do you give senior citizen discounts? How much? Just so you know (if it makes you feel any better, NATE), I did try a search but to no avail.
Eric

TOSLC
03-25-2002, 01:10 PM
I've had them (senior citizens) tell me their on a limited budget! Guess What? WE ALL ARE!

So, my answer is no, I do not give senior citizen discounts. One of the 9 deadly mistakes of entrepreneurship is under pricing your product. So unless you can service a senior citizens account quicker or cheaper than others, why cheat yourself out of money?

Bob Minney
03-25-2002, 02:26 PM
I don't offer senior discounts.
Although I do contribute 15.3% of my net to support them.

LAWNS AND MOWER
03-25-2002, 02:36 PM
Nope!!!!!

LAWNS AND MOWER

GarPA
03-25-2002, 02:40 PM
no way...

Ray&Christine
03-25-2002, 02:55 PM
No, It seems the seniors around here have more money than us working people.

Ray

John Gamba
03-25-2002, 03:45 PM
NO:blob3: :blob4:

LawnCrafters
03-25-2002, 06:15 PM
I just came across this today. I told the lady that we didn't and she said OK, just thought I'd ask.

Krimick
03-25-2002, 06:31 PM
Nope. I've never heard of a private landscaper offering a senior discount.

rodfather
03-25-2002, 06:33 PM
Haven't been asked once in 8 years...but if someone did, I would say, "Yes, your estimate includes a senior citizen discount".

And then I would probably leave it at that.

trimmasters
03-25-2002, 06:44 PM
More like a surcharge

heygrassman
03-25-2002, 06:58 PM
I've had them (senior citizens) tell me their on a limited budget! Guess What? WE ALL ARE

I swear that I have never understood this argument. They get a 3-4% cost of living increase every year. I have to bust my rump to get 3-4% increases... My income is more fixed than thiers is. I may give them an additional beenie for referrals. They want welfare, i will give workfare.. toough love I tell you .

jf

J.Henderson
03-25-2002, 07:04 PM
Actually, often has been a pet peeve of mine. Anywhere you go, seniors get a discount. Often seniors make more money than the general population. How about a discount for us with 3 kids? Even when I was in Branson, the grey hair capital of the Midwest, they get a discount where 80% of the tourist of seniors. I eat the same buffet(ever see seniors in a buffet? Not safe), watch the same shows, stay in the same hotels, and ride the same tour as they do. Why the discount?

Mow&Snow
03-25-2002, 08:49 PM
If a customer asks if i give a senior discount I alays say " sure I fugured that in...u are over 90 right? cauze if not i'm gonna need to add 10%. This price also includes a cash price. U weren't planning on paying by check wre u?" then I grin like hell.:D

This normally ends any discussion of discounts

proline32
03-25-2002, 09:15 PM
No on the discounts, actually I price then a little higher...... Ever had one die on you and you couldn't collect the amount owed to you? Well I had a few of those, so I figured I would get it up front by upping my bid some.:rolleyes:

eslawns
03-26-2002, 01:12 PM
Discount? I want to charge a PITA fee. They're usually such a PITA, I can barely stand working for them. I don't give anybody a discount.

Although I do contribute 15.3% of my net to support them.

Since we're subsisizing our own companies, it would be economically beneficial (to both them and us) to give them a break on price. Yeah, right. Like their cost of living increase would be less because the grass guy gave a discount.

LAWNGODFATHER
02-08-2003, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by John Gamba
NO:blob3: :blob4:

Why? Where I live and work, they have enough income to live off of and gripe about not enough money so they can get someone to give them a discount.

Not a chance.

1grnlwn
02-08-2003, 07:23 PM
My gift to seniors is I won't prey on them and sell them a bunch of things they don't want. Besides how many are just adding 15% and then taking it back off. I hate those sales tactics. One price good all year, take it or leave it.

coonman
02-08-2003, 07:24 PM
If we gave senior discounts, we would be giving discounts to 95 percent of our customers...... no way

fatboy5803
02-08-2003, 07:34 PM
Well here it goes !! I don't per say give Senior Discounts, Or I just don't call them that. If I see an elderly persons lawn need a regular mow, and I talk to them about it , I'll know by then what they might be able to afford. If I give them a cheaper price and they except that's fine for me.. And if they can't afford that I'll do what "I" have to do to take care of the Lawn.. Even if I do it for just to help out someone !! I'm a firm believer on "What goes around comes around" Sometimes helping people is Good....

Lou

kutnkru
02-08-2003, 07:41 PM
"What Goes Around Comes Around" has absolutely nothing to do with business!!

If you wish to donate your time to help someone out thats fine, but you shouldnt expect something in return for it.

In Business I expect to get PAID for my efforts, how I manage my free time is a different story.

fatboy5803
02-08-2003, 07:59 PM
What goes around comes around has allot to do with business
Just life in general is a business !! Hey, it's not like I go around and look to work for free .. This does happen to me on occasion. And if I can be of help then good.. Allot of good things has come my way, and I feel that's the reason. Anyway, I guess what ever floats our boats.

Thanks,

Lou