PDA

View Full Version : Will it damage the dump trailer...

mkwl
04-15-2009, 11:40 PM
Will it damage my dump trailer- 2008 Bri-Mar Rascal 6x10' 10K GVWR (single 4" cylinder) to leave it tipped up (rather than dumping and letting it down) while shoveling it into wheelbarrows for a few hours each load?

I'm most concerned about damage/stressing the hydraulic cylinder by leaving it tipped up with a lot of weight in it.

Also- does anyone know if the dexter ez-lube axles on my trailer have auto adjusting brakes?

Thanks,
Matt

Petr51488
04-15-2009, 11:46 PM
I wouldn't think so. As long as its not sitting tipped up for days at a time it should be fine. Thats kinda what their made for. When i had the 6 yards of dirt in it, it didnt even want to dump so i had to shovel some out before i started to raise it. From what i remember... in the manual it will tell you the model number of the axles that have the auto adj brakes. It should be in the axle manual.

mkwl
04-15-2009, 11:49 PM
I wouldn't think so. As long as its not sitting tipped up for days at a time it should be fine. Thats kinda what their made for. When i had the 6 yards of dirt in it, it didnt even want to dump so i had to shovel some out before i started to raise it. From what i remember... in the manual it will tell you the model number of the axles that have the auto adj brakes. It should be in the axle manual.

Thanks- where do you pull the axle model # from? How many yards of mulch have you had in your trailer at once? What temp did your trans get up to?

Petr51488
04-16-2009, 11:28 PM
Thanks- where do you pull the axle model # from? How many yards of mulch have you had in your trailer at once? What temp did your trans get up to?

I'm pretty sure the model number will be on the axle itself. Mine still has this white sticker on it. Try that. I never bought bulk mulch before but i can tell you that firewood and grass clippings are much heavier then mulch so you shouldnt have anything to worry about. I usually transport either 12 or 15 yards of grass over 80 miles and the trans temp never gets hot enough for the cooler to kick in. I never really looked at my trans temp. The only time my trans cooler kicks in is when i transport my plow.