PDA

View Full Version : Who's got a BlackBerry....

Outdoors_Unlimited
04-17-2009, 12:05 AM
and what apps do you use for work?

Ive just recently gotten one, and am looking to see what you guys use yours for?

glfredrick
04-17-2009, 08:58 PM
I do - I do!

I use Google apps (maps, search, news, documents, etc.) Pandora radio, Opera mini browser, Facebook, Bible software (Olive Tree), and a couple of others (games).

Check out Crackberry.com. Tons of info.

JJG84
04-17-2009, 09:27 PM
i use a blackberry curve... i dont know what id do without it...

i listen to live music off of it also... check out slacker radio... its free..

i also use google maps, opera mini (web browser), and i have 3 email addresses linked up to it. oh yeah, i use the camera and video camera alot for before and after pictures, and for proof of work completed.

Outdoors_Unlimited
04-17-2009, 09:45 PM
I love mine too. I have had it for about 3 months now.

I have google mail and maps set up. I also have opera mini but only use it when I can't get to something with the regiklar browser.

I'm wondering if there are any billing programs that I could have an app that will sync with the desktop.

I love it for emails though. I get a lot of work off craigslist and the fast response to emails has given me an edge on those estimates as I am responding before they close their email program.

LBLC_LCO
04-17-2009, 10:21 PM
I've got the Blackberry Curve....Love it. Main thing is the email, I have 4 email accounts on it, slacker radio, google maps.

I'll second the crackberry.com site...lots of info there.

WGLandscapeMaintenance
04-18-2009, 11:46 PM
for proof of work completed.

Thats a damn good idea right there, I have the Pearl and am not happy with my purchase because the buttons are too small and you really have to push em in to get it to type.

Outdoors_Unlimited
04-19-2009, 12:34 AM
Yeah I got a Pearl also. Wish I would have gotten a curve now, but its my first blackberry and I didnt realize it would be such a pain with the small keyboard.

nosparkplugs
04-19-2009, 12:38 AM
2 Blackberry 8830's, with Otterbox protector's. The 3D navigation is the best feature use it all the time. Also use E-mail, Word & Powerpoint.

nosparkplugs
04-19-2009, 12:46 AM
2 Blackberry 8830's, with Otterbox protector's. The 3D navigation is the best feature use it all the time. Also use E-mail, Word & Powerpoint.

Lawnworks
04-19-2009, 01:10 AM
Otterbox is SWEET. I have dropped mine into a stream from a sprinkler and continued my conversation. I use a bluetooth headset... I look kind of gay, but it is a real convenience.

WGLandscapeMaintenance
04-19-2009, 06:00 PM
its my first blackberry and I didnt realize it would be such a pain with the small keyboard.

Ya couldn't have said it any better.

glfredrick
04-19-2009, 08:05 PM
Otterbox is SWEET. I have dropped mine into a stream from a sprinkler and continued my conversation. I use a bluetooth headset... I look kind of gay, but it is a real convenience.

Just ordered a Plantronics stereo bluetooth ear set for mine. It plugs in like ear plugs and should do double duty as ear protection while mowing, plus listen to stereo music -- AND -- answer the phone.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16875978056