PDA

View Full Version : what blades to use in which season

lawnkid
03-25-2002, 10:13 PM
I have a question that I'm sure most of you can answer. I use gator highlifts all year but they don't cut good sometimes in the spring. In the spring when the ground is wet, the grass shoots out in clumps. My Scag dealer told me to use regular blades like what you get when you buy a new mower in the springtime, and use the gators in the summer and fall cause the ground is drier. Do you do this?

landscaper3
03-25-2002, 10:23 PM
I ran Gators on our Z-Masters and Pro-Lines and hated them went back to factory and felt they had a better cut (my opion) Oh yeah we got over 16 Gator blades if you want them CHEAP!!!!! LOL

Brian C.
www.ideallandscaping.com

trimmer
03-25-2002, 10:43 PM
I run gators all year. Regular blades just don't last at all down here with all of this sand. I can run gators all year or buy new regulars every 3 weeks.

General Grounds
03-25-2002, 10:50 PM
:blob3: i use gators n the fall only, i get a lot of clumps with gators in the spring, does a great job on leaves though.

Fivestar
03-26-2002, 12:56 AM
I`ve heard that you can run two gators one on the left, one on the center and put a high lift blade on the discharge spindel and this should stop the clumping effects that you are having. But like I said I heard but have yet to try this myself. Now I am wondering about weight and balance issues????? :cool:

edward hedrick
03-26-2002, 11:02 AM
Lawnkid, what model Scag ? I have a Scag Sthm with std deck
run std blades most, hi-lifts for cleanups, Gators for fall. I modified my deck for better air flow does not leave lumps.
Ed, hedlawn@hotmail.com
:blob4: