PDA

View Full Version : Questions about New Toro Z

TnT
03-25-2002, 10:26 PM
I am looking at at Toro Z 62" kohler 23 h.p., have heard about problems with the lifters. Should I be concerned? Is it going to be a problem for me? The unit is a demo from last year with 4 hrs at a price of $6999.00 is that a good price or what?

Thanks,

TnT

bruces
03-26-2002, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by TnT
I am looking at at Toro Z 62" kohler 23 h.p., have heard about problems with the lifters. Should I be concerned? Is it going to be a problem for me? The unit is a demo from last year with 4 hrs at a price of $6999.00 is that a good price or what?

Thanks,

TnT

I don't know about the lifters.

I purchased a Z100 19hp Kaw 52" last July for $5999, so I think you are getting a fair price.

I would demo it and make sure that the 23hp is enough to handle the 62" deck.

edward hedrick
03-26-2002, 09:47 AM
I have a 61" Scag STHM w 22 KOH. Kohler reccomends their oil

has extra additives, On the 22 they said change the oil more often

If lifters make noise usually air in the oil. Ed.

HOWARD JONES
03-26-2002, 01:31 PM
I own a 2001 Z255 62" with the 25 hp Kohler - from all past posts on this subject, I believe the only problem ever was with the 25 hp engine and it has been fixed for a couple of years. I also believe the 23 hp is plenty big enough unless you have some kind of tough, tall grass - don't know your area. The only complaint I've ever had with mine is the rather sharp left front corner on that SFS deck - it helped a whole lot to get the foot deck lift assist, around $60 if I remember correctly - then you can lift that deck at any time the ditch or other terrain change, etc dictates to avoid chopping up something or plowing with that sharp edge. As far as price goes, it depends on your location also - in Oklahoma City, I got mine new for $7060 but prices have gone up this year and I think they have added the foot lift assist as standard. I think the price is pretty good, but the best comparison is with new units at all the possible dealers in your area - and of course, a good dealer for maintenace is important.

Mowingman
03-26-2002, 10:22 PM
TnT,
I bought the excact same machine last summer and the 23hp engine has all the power you should need. I like mine, but keep that left front corner of the deck away from chain link fences. It has a notch in the corner that will grab chain link in a flash! I have never heard of any lifter trouble with the 23hp Kohler. I have 200 hrs on mine with no serious troubles. Did have several hose leaks, but dealer went back over machine and retightened every hose on it. That fixed that problem.:)