PDA

View Full Version : commercial bidding

tpl
03-25-2002, 10:39 PM
I look in the paper just about every day and i can't seem to find bidding for lawn jobs...plenty of other bids for construction. Question, am I looking in the right place? I live in Nashville, so I know that they are out there...but where.

fastrunner
03-25-2002, 11:19 PM
Its called ADVERTISING. You have to ADVERTISE to make money.

olderthandirt
03-26-2002, 12:00 AM
But the best advertizment is word of mouth. Check in the legal section of the paper. if the job is for over a certain amount they have to request bids

tpl
03-26-2002, 12:21 AM
I know how to advertise. I am not looking for more small jobs.
I need to know how to find out when the apartment complex down the street is bidding out their landscaping...or when the Wal-Marts in the area are bidding out their mowing jobs...or when..............

If there is a place that these are found, then please tell me.

Thanx for the input olderthandirt. That is where I have been looking. I didn't know that it has to be over a specific amount. I guess you have to luck out to come across lawn and lanscape.

CHAN
03-26-2002, 12:28 AM
get on the phone and call and ask them if they are taking bids. if they say no ask when do they and write it down and call back then.
later

bruces
03-26-2002, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by tpl
I look in the paper just about every day and i can't seem to find bidding for lawn jobs...plenty of other bids for construction. Question, am I looking in the right place? I live in Nashville, so I know that they are out there...but where.

I could be wrong, but I think the only types of bids requests you are going to find in the papers are non profits (schools, cities, counties, etc.). I don't believe private businesses are going to advertise in the paper for bids.

The majority of them probably already have enough people wanting to bid on their work. To get the opportunity to bid, you need to contact the company and ask when they are taking bids and to be placed on their bid list, so that they contact you when they are taking new bids.