PDA

View Full Version : Gridiron Racks Bad to the bone!!!!

Fivestar
03-26-2002, 01:00 AM
Just put on a Gridion rack on my trailer today. My daddy use to tell me you get what you pay for. Man was he right! Had all winter to research racks and now I now I have the best one for the money thats out there bar none. This thing is bad to the bone!! It is the only ajustable rack that I could find. Man the flexibility of this rack is just to cool. Check out Novaecorp.com for more info!! :D :cool:

TJLC
03-26-2002, 05:46 AM
I have one for my backpack blower. I thought it was a little pricy but seems to work very well so far.

John Gamba
03-26-2002, 06:10 AM
Hello Fivestar
I Also have The grid. Wait till you try The blower holder . I'm picking up The water coller Holder today. I Now have all The Gridiron stuf And Love them Wait till You Mix & Mach.
Johnny G. :cool: :cool:

keifer
03-26-2002, 06:44 AM
I dont know about the grid but 3 trimmer rack from trimmer trap is very easy and super fast to load.

SCAPEASAURUSREX
03-26-2002, 08:04 AM
I have had the Gridiron racks in my enclosed trailer for 2 full seasons goning onto this being the 3rd... I researched and looked at every brand available... And None of them even came close to the Gridiron.... Far superior, in design , flexability, strength, and overall ease of use.... I would buy their stuff site unseen at this point...... The blower racks are great too.. have a few of them as well.... Easy to use.... Make sure you use lock washers when mounting these or any racks, they tend to vibrate loose if you dont' ...........

AltaLawnCare
03-26-2002, 09:37 AM
I just got the TT2 from Trimmer Trap, and love it. The trimmers don't move around at all, and it loads super fast - just pull up on one lever, lift out the trimmer and you're off!

BGRANT
03-26-2002, 10:44 AM
Fivestar,
Just a little advice when installing your rack.
Put red loc-tite in every bolt.If you don't you will regret it!They will loosen up by the end of the second day of use.As far as the water jug holder goes.Let's just say you better fasten it w/something more that the 2 bungies they give you.
Take it from someone who is 1 cooler shy after the first 3 days of use.It may sound like I am bashing them but I'm not.I would of thought they would of had some of these helpful hints w/ the directions.
Considering the rack is one of the most expensive out there.
Brian Grant.

MOW ED
03-26-2002, 12:53 PM
I have 2 BP blower holders from Gridiron and I really love them. I mounted them to treated 2x4's because of the design of my trailer but I have had no problems. If loosening nuts is an issue you could double nut also along with the locktite.

mowerman90
03-26-2002, 03:50 PM
To all of you that seem to be bragging about how easy it is to use "Trimmer Traps", inferring that they may be better than the Grid Iron system let me ask you a question. Can you hold a stick edger in one hand, and a trimmer in the other hand, and load and lock them into a trimmer trap? I didn't think so. I can do this ( and do it every moring when loading) with my Grid Iron system. It is absolutely the BEST system ever made, period!!!

John Gamba
03-27-2002, 06:06 AM
Yeah What Mowerman90 Said.:D

AltaLawnCare
03-27-2002, 08:39 AM
Does anyone have a website or picture of these magical racks?

naturescape
03-27-2002, 09:49 AM
I agree the Gridiron is the way to go. Between the Gridiron and the Proslide, Novae is too sweet. Wonder what they'll come up with next?

John Gamba
03-27-2002, 03:17 PM
www.novaecorp.com:D :D :D

AltaLawnCare
03-27-2002, 03:38 PM
I couldn't tell much from the site on how it latches to hold the trimmers.

You all talk like its hands free, but there has to be a mechanism to lock down, and you'd have to operate it.

One end of the Trimmer Trap latches while the other end automatically holds the shaft.

The website says it's aluminum, thats good for weight, and being adjustable is good also. I bought the trimmer trap because it was available locally and I was able to see exactly how it worked. ;)

RB
03-27-2002, 09:43 PM
I have all the gridiron gear too and love it. I'm thinking about buying the proslide, I'm still old school w/one wheel velke.

I think I'll make that move soon.

ron

mowerman90
03-27-2002, 10:34 PM
Altalawncare

I agree, the website doesn't do the thing justice. I'll try to explain how the locking mechanisim works. First, the U shaped area that the handle of your trimmer rests in is adjustable. Therefore, you can customize the holder for your particular trimmer and not have to worry about it spinning around or rattleing itself to pieces over bumpy roads. The shaft end of your trimmer is held by a padded C shaped holder that is mounted at aprox a 45 degree angle. The actual locking mecanisim is spring loaded, thereby enabling it to "lock" automatically. You simply need to push, or I should say deflect, this spring loaded latch with your thumb while gliding your trimmer into the U shaped cradle. After you've used it for a week or so you'll become adept at using the grip surface of your trimmer and not your thumb to do this. Then release your grip on your timmer and the latch will shut and the spring will move it into the locked position preventing your trimmer from bouncing out. Let me mention that this latch can be securely locked with a padlock to prevent theft if you work in an area that you deem such measures nessarry. They also offer a mechanisim that will alow you to lock however many trimmers you have attached to the system with only 1 padlock, thereby secureing everything with only 1 lock. I feel that this post is getting rather wordy and may tend to confuse people, I think I'll take some pictures over the weekend and post them here and hopefully that will take the mystery out of it.

CHAN
03-27-2002, 10:59 PM
:cool:
Been useing mine for two years. got the 48" post and have 3 trimmers on one side and 3 edgers on the other side. You can load both sides on a open trailer. Have the lock kit also. I plan on geting 2 blower racks. Trimmer trap people and the ones with all others dont know what a real rack is. Never had a bolt loosen on mine.
Later

PaulJ
03-27-2002, 11:38 PM
Can you hold a stick edger in one hand, and a trimmer in the other hand, and load and lock them into a trimmer trap? I didn't think so.

Yes mowerman . I can. I have walked up to a trimmer trap with a trimmer in each hand many times and set them both on the rack then lock them in without having to set either down first.

I have nothing against the gridiron . Never seen one. But I like having to only unlatch one end too unload with the trimmetrap

GLS
03-28-2002, 12:23 AM
Here's a link with suggested retail prices. It also shows a little diagram of how it attatches (trimmer bracket):

http://www.novaecorp.com/documents/gcc2001.pdf

P&J Lawncare
03-28-2002, 12:25 AM
Im with paulj I have no problem putting two trimmers on at once with my trimmer trap

John Gamba
03-28-2002, 06:37 AM
I Can Do You All One Better. I Can Load My Trimmer With one Hand and a Beer In The Other. :D

AltaLawnCare
03-28-2002, 07:49 AM
Thnks MowerMan90,

The way you explained it makes sense.

Sounds like a well designed system. :cool:

the point man
03-28-2002, 02:54 PM
Mr Gamba,

Sooner or later, you're gonna spill your beer horsing around
like that. Then you won't be so smug, Mr. Smarty-pants, will
ya? Huh? Will ya?

John Gamba
03-28-2002, 03:46 PM
Hello Mr Point Man
Just making A Point :laugh: :laugh:
Johnny G. Lawn1one Ct.

the point man
03-28-2002, 04:17 PM
John,

Apparently neither of us has anything better to do than hang around this site on a beautiful afternoon. As long as you're into
puns, you gave me a great idea. I'm going to try to get a whole
bunch of mowing accts. next to each other and then I'll call my
business "Connect-a-cut".

Man, I should be writin' for Letterman!

TLS
03-28-2002, 04:46 PM
On the gridiron, theres one thing that bothers me (other than that lame excuse for a website of theirs!) and that is the other end that holds the trimmer shaft. Its shaped like a 0 with a slot cut out. On the one pic that they do have, they show them on an angle. How do you remove the trimmer after you un-clip the head unit? Do you angle it down, down and out, up and out, or what? The front of the TrimmerTrap is fool proof, never needs adjusting, and no bolts to loosen. And it is NEVER coming out of there unless you want it to~! It looks like on the Gridiron, if you have that clip adjusted wrong, the trimmer can hop sideways and come off the clip?

I think I'll stick to my $175 TrimmerTrap, even if I have to remove only one trimmer at a time!

John Gamba
03-28-2002, 06:33 PM
Point
Starting work next tuesday. Still waiting on new mower and truck. Hope you have a Great year! Think rain!