PDA

View Full Version : what type of truck?

jay albers
04-19-2009, 12:04 PM
in the market for a truck. I have three grand. looking either at a half ton 4x4 to pull my 8x16 trailer with scag freedom z and otther equipment. Or a 1 ton dump. I just got in the biz thinking I would be cutting a lot of grass but i also market landscaping and other types of cleanup. Thats what I seem to be getting! no lawns just different landscaping which is fine by me! thats where the money is! I also want to use this truck in the winter for plowing. Most of the dumps are 2 wheel drive that in that price range. i know i can plow with a 2 wheel plow but rather not.
The way im leaning is the 4x4 half ton and maybe get a dump later after my biz takes off a bit. But dont want to get one and later say dam should have saved the money for a dump. i dont know, what do you all think? help me out.
ps pullin with a dodge ram 6 cylinder. sucks!

Petr51488
04-20-2009, 12:26 AM
I would say keep saving and buy something in the 3/4 ton catagory. If you spend 3 grand on a truck, prepare to put more then 3 grand into it.

jay albers
04-20-2009, 08:39 AM
yeah, but i feel i need something now. if i keep pullin with that doge it will never make it. found a old f150 with 90k on it . think im gonna get it. hopefully it will last a year or two till i get the real deal

AVLC
04-23-2009, 05:58 PM
you need to save up and get the dump as long as you plan on continuing your business in the future. You will regret it when you need to then buy the dump later you will lose money. The dump will make your life easier for mulch and leaves and things. The dodge will hold up for now my friend has the v-6 with a 16ft trailer he is also managing but looking for a new truck. Buy chevy otherwise youll have nothing but problems LOL

Scagmower48
05-10-2009, 01:19 AM
Since when was i seriously looking for a new truck. Nice to have but I like the money a little better for now. We'll see in a few years.