PDA

View Full Version : sign in your yard?

FrankenScagMachines
03-26-2002, 09:11 AM
Anyone put a sign in their yard? How big? BTW, I wouldn't do this if I were like the guys in the thread "Do You..." LOL.. I'd only do it if my lawn were nice and spiffy (which it is... I think the nicest in the area) . Why is this a good or bad idea? Thanks
Eric

Krimick
03-26-2002, 09:49 AM
If your proud of the way your yard looks, then certainly. Go for it and stick a sign in the front. You might as well let people know who made your lawn look the way it does.

mdb landscaping
03-26-2002, 09:52 AM
I wouldnt make it too big, you may tick the zoning officer off:D

stslawncare
03-26-2002, 10:03 AM
CHECK WITH UR PARENTS, first of course, if its ok with them and u are proud of ur lawn then get a nice PROFESSIONAL looking sign and stick it in there.

JimK
03-26-2002, 11:49 AM
Jim at Turf Magazine here.

A sign? The only thing I can say is there's a fellow down the road from me who has a sign for his landscaping service -- and his yard is a mess ... looks worse than mine!

That doesn't inspire much confidence.

Harvestman
03-26-2002, 12:40 PM
In my area the zoning police would be all over me. I think a temp. sing would be ok if you're doing and install.

Mow&Snow
03-26-2002, 11:15 PM
don't even get me started on the zoning control guy!!!!!:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

beck
03-26-2002, 11:37 PM
A local LCO that has signs on his two trucks that he parks at his house. Has a retaining wall project that has been in progress for a year now. The yard is mowed infrequently.

This is not the image I would like to portray to my customers or potential customers if they drove by and saw where I lived.

Another LCO put up a 3'X5' sign in his front yard saying
"Lawncare XXX-XXXX" It is on a 4 lane road with lots of traffic.

Signs are OK but dont leave it out all year long. Now is a good time of course for people looking for a LCO and maybe throughout the year promoting different services, such as aerating in the fall.