PDA

View Full Version : mud question

BrandonV
04-19-2009, 04:36 PM
we installed a patio last week of which we used polysand, of course the HO has now walked on the section we did and got mud all over it (we've had a bit of rain lately) what's the best course of action to get this off? I assume pressure washer is off limits, how about some muratic acid, a broom and a lot of water?

shovelracer
04-19-2009, 07:30 PM
Option 1: Mother nature will take care of it.

Option 2: They get to repay you to clean, and possibly remove and redo the poly. IME pressure washers just make it worse sometimes.

If we are talking about dirt mud than I dont see a need for acid and would advise against it unless you know it wont affect the color of stone or sand and integrity of the poly. If by mud you mean they walked on a wet slab or something than that can be an expensive mistake for them. Are they expecting you to fix their mistake?

BrandonV
04-19-2009, 07:36 PM
of course they are. I'll see what I can do, take some steel brushes to it first and go from there.

DVS Hardscaper
04-19-2009, 09:09 PM
they should broom off what they can and just let mother nature do her thing. Unless it's red clay - it'll disappear on it's own.

shovelracer
04-19-2009, 09:35 PM
Another thoughts is to use stiff plastic brushes instead. Using a steel brush will leave metal deposits on the material which will in turn rust and look real bad. Been there done that. Only takes a few months to start showing up.

BrandonV
04-19-2009, 09:54 PM
good point, thanks

LB1234
04-19-2009, 10:51 PM
Diluted store bought vinegar (50/50) and stiff plastic bristled brush. Mix up, pour, and brush away. Be ready with the hose to rinse off within a minute or so of scrubbing.

Place this material in a jug and tell them its a $50 cleaning solution.