PDA

View Full Version : opinions on this trailer

HiddenCreek
04-19-2009, 08:29 PM
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=92174

what do you guys think of this trailer? looked all around locally and the cheapest is a 8x5 for 700. going to be hauling a 42 inch riding mower and a 21 inch push power. also half cords of firewood

thanks

CrystalCreek
04-19-2009, 08:48 PM
Please save your time and money and spend the extra for the "real" trailer. First, Harbor freight is chinese junk. Second you have to assemble them yourself. Took me almost six hours to do mine. Third, no dealer support! When it breaks, and it will, you will have to get the new parts shipped or buy them yourself. Dealers are better. Lastly, these trailers are held together with nuts and bolts....they will viberate lose within a few months. Real trailers have welds. I know it seems like a lot, but it will be the best $300 extra you ever spent. PLEASE DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I MADE WHEN I STARTED! Good luck man.

TimTim2008
05-05-2009, 10:28 PM
agrred with what he said..

you can get sometihng on craigslist for $350 to $500 CASH.. thats ready for service.

Petr51488
05-05-2009, 11:19 PM
Just looking at it, it looks like absolute junk. Firewood is very heavy, i know, i haul 2.5 cords at a time in my dump trailer. That trailer will fall appart on you. When your doing 65 on the highway with that trailer, the tires on the trailer are actually doing 130 mph because their 1/2 the size. I'm sure the bearings aren't top notch either to be hauling what you want with it. I would spend more on a trailer knowing it will do the job and will be able to atleast pay for itself. With that one, i doubt it, although it is cheap $.

Jay Walls
05-06-2009, 12:08 PM
3 words; Made in China.

Like CrystalCreek said, bolt together is bad news and these bolts are also Made In China. so they are the worst.

blumpkinator
05-06-2009, 12:14 PM
hey i have a trailer that's similar to that but its just the red frame and you have the build the railings with wood and even the tailgate is a sheet of wood.. i paid $100 for it and it works absolutely fine.. you gotta start somewhere..

HiddenCreek
05-06-2009, 09:08 PM
thanks fellas, i went ahead and bought a used 5x8 for 300$ instead

Jay Walls
05-07-2009, 07:00 AM
Good. Now get the bearings repacked or do it yourself. I bet they have never been done. Cheap insurance for avoiding a major problem.

cat320
05-07-2009, 09:36 AM
I know around here they sell a trailer a little bigger than that for around $1K or so but it's all steel solid and would be good to haul stuff on. ebay,craigs list you can find some good deals. if your only going to use it once and awhile that would probably be fine but they are cheap tin trailers